Eight more homes demolished on Long Ave. (Nashville)

smeagolsfree

I was over on Long Ave. over the weekend and noticed wrecking crews tearing down 8 more homes on Long. I spoke to one of the supervisors and he didnt know what the development would be but he said he thought it was more mid rise condo units. These homes are right next to West Park Court under construction now. Right across the street there are 2 or 3 more homes for sale which will further fuel the growth of the neighborhood. If you have not driven the area, you should take the time and see the transition that is going on in this neighborhood. I know Dave keeps tabs on this pretty close and may be able to offer some more info.

Keeping you informed: The Nashville Urban Planet news service. HA HA :silly:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

:angry: Sickening. They could have been moved.

True, but you have to figure in the condition of the structures too. Look, this is happening all over Nashville right now. Low density 'hoods are transforming into more dense, urban streets that can handle twice or even three to four times the people that they were originally built to handle. Just another fact of life living in a city that is re-inventing its core neighborhoods. In many cases, it is a good thing, in others it may not be. The jury is still out on my side of the table about this.

I drove through the area weekend befroe last. It's going through an amazing transformation. It is a shame that we're losing these old homes forever. Nashville is getting more dense, and the only option would be to move. The question I have is if it would economically viable. If it is, someone should be doing this. Maybe they could even make a bigger profit.

The problem with moving those houses is that you would have to move them a long way from Long Blvd to find a vacant lot. A house the size and age of those just make the move that much harder. It sucks to lose old homes but hey progress takes its toll, and btw us condo loving urban junkies asked for it.

Archived