Cape Cod wind farm debate

Cotuit

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming from a place where these things are not very practical, I thought it was kinda cool to see them in use. I never really considered the noise issue, but I guess just one here and there doesn't make much of a difference.

The advantage that the west has is that the population is concentrated in certain areas (with water) and the rest is so rural that few people areaffected.

When I was in Boston, I remember reading an article in the Globe about the possibility of a second windpower station/turbine/whatever in Hull, which was of some contention. What do you locals think will happen? What do you want to happen?

I'm local to southeastern CT and not Cape Cod, but I think it will not happen any time soon. Instead, we'll see rolling blackouts like California has seen in the years to come. I would like for the yuppies to just suck it up and accept the wind farms.... considering they're so good at deciding what's best for everyone else why don't they take one for the good of the environment and the region?

• 2 months later...

I'm local to southeastern CT and not Cape Cod, but I think it will not happen any time soon. Instead, we'll see rolling blackouts like California has seen in the years to come. I would like for the yuppies to just suck it up and accept the wind farms.... considering they're so good at deciding what's best for everyone else why don't they take one for the good of the environment and the region?

FWIW, there's a big ol' wind farm not far from Palm Springs -- an area that, with something like 100 mostly-private golf courses, isn't exactly lacking for funds. Different kind of money, I guess....

Urb

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived