Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrknowitall

~walmart is burning totillas

walmat is making everything outside of america now they wont even carry the local chips.

i cant get el matador chips anymore. i try to exlplaina to the manager y the persona at the register starts yell about how they are not authentic. not of mexican desent and such. i see the man in around town. he is latino. i have seen the el matado. he is of mexico.

this is crazy. i saw the man attack a woman with a shower curtian rod over a $347.05 hp laptop, now they cannot use el matados chips in the wallymart. an HP laptop! deff. not worth a curtian rod to the skull, i would take a baton to the shin for a powerbook...or maybe a wifflebat to the thorax for a sony viao.

this is re-damn-dic-u-lous :angry:

DW and I believe Meijer carry El-matador. The person behind the counter was probably having a bad day and needed to yell about somthing. I shop at the 28th st Flea Market and Plaza International on Div and 28th and I see some relatives of the folks who own the Matador, pretty ethnic to me.

I have no idea what you jut said, but El-Matador chips are sold pretty much everywhere around here. Although I have never been in a wal-mart to see if they are sold there or not :P

I remember working almost right next door to the El-Matador building, and it is almost smack dab in the middle of a Hispanic community here in GR. It smells like chips :D

What's funny is you went to Wal-Mart asking for a locally made product to begin with.

If you really want to support a local company, go buy El Matador chips from a locally owned grocer like Meijer, D&W, Family Fare or one of the many locally owned Mexican grocers around town.

I know I am running off topic here, but that Moctezumas or whatever its called on Bridge/Stocking across from Maggies is a great place to find mexican grocery items not normally found, even in Meijer. The El Matador chips are really good too. ;)

One never knows quite what to expect when opening a topic created by mr. knowitall. :blink:

No kidding. They have a definite "abstract art" quality :rofl: