USPRO Cycling Championship moves to Greenville

gs3

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way to go Greenville (and the Cliffs Communities and Charter Communications and Medalist Sports and Southern Hospitality Group Event Management, too)! :yahoo:

This is a great opportunity for Greenville! I'd love to see us do well enough at hosting this to see it last well beyond the three years currently planned!

• 1 month later...

I could not be more thrilled about this phenomenally awesome news!!! :w00t: When I caught the 6:00pm news on WYFF, I couldn't contain my delight and started cheering at the top of my lungs (much to the surprise of others who gave me bewildered looks). Does everyone realize the significance of this event moving to Greenville? It could draw hundreds of thousands of people here to our beloved city. The potential impact could skyrocket our downtown real estate market as well, if you imagine hundreds of thousands of visitors roaming the streets shopping, dining, and site-seeing while in town. Once doing this even a single time, they'll never forget this place. and many will want to call it home. I've got chills of Joy running up and down my spine!!! :D

I love the way they tout the fact that we are "THE cycling community of all cycling communities" and "home to one of everybody's cycling super-heros George Hincapie."

^ Should be Greenville's new slogan! :D This event will bring in not only tourist, but a great group of tourist. Look at the demographics of most cycling fans.....young, upwardly mobile, etc, etc. Greenville has a chance to show the nation what a great city it is! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chatted with a friend from Philly this weekend. Those guys aren't happy about this. He said it was a shock to those in Philly, and they were a little more than miffed. May have been rubbing salt into the sore, but I told him to invite some of his friends and head down for the event in Greenville.

On my flight back in last night, chatted with a Salt Lake City based flight attendant whose son is all into cycling. He visited Greenville last year and now she said he's all about moving to Greenville. :D george Hincapie and the cycling scene are creating EXCELLENT PR for Greenville! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived