The Palm Deira

mcheiss

I'm suprised that no one has posted about this development, so I'll take a wack at it.

The Palm Deira is the largest and the last of Dubai's palm-shaped islands. The Palm, Deira will house 8000 villas apart from a number of amenities such as, shopping malls, sports facilities, clubs, public services and other luxury amenities, making it one of the world's most coveted residential properties, and it will have 41 different islands.

An interesting fact about the Palm Deira, is that the size of The Palm, Deira, an 80 sq. kms, is roughly equivalent to that of Greater London and even bigger than Paris and Manhattan, which encompasses 34 boroughs.

Approximately 1 billion cubic metres of rock and sand quarried in the UAE will be used to build the land mass of the island which will feature a trunk, a crown with 41 prongs, and a surrounding crescent that acts as a break water.

The Palm, Deira will measure 14 kilometres in length from the land to the tip of the crescent, and 8.5 kilometres in width from crescent to crescent. The Prongs will vary in length with a distance of between 840 and 400 metres of sea between each frond. The crescent will run for 21 kilometres and on completion, will be the largest in the world. The Palm, Deira will be built in waters that are 6 metres deep, reaching down to 22 metres below sea level.

The Palm, Deira will house approximately 8000 villas which will be classified into three distinct styles, comprising of Premier Villas, Grand Villas and Vista Town Homes. Owners will also be able to choose from a range of themes at a later stage. Along with the villas, the island will feature private and public beaches and marinas, shopping and dining outlets, and several facilities for leisure, rest and recreation.

Sultan Bin Sulayem said that all three styles of villas will be two stories with immediate beach access and the private pools. The plots of land will be slightly larger than the previous Palms, creating more landscape area.

At approximately half an hour's drive from Dubai International Airport, The Palm, Deira is at a distance of 6 kilometres from The World project and is designed to add an extra 400 kilometres of shoreline to Dubai.

Here's a few pics:

palm-deira300.jpg

PalmDeira2.jpg

PalmDeiraAerial_large.jpg

North-Island-of-Palm-Deira.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Great Job Malec!!

Do you know how big (Wide) or long this project is. I know it's suppose to have several hundred miles of shoreline, but I'm not sure.

I also didn't know that they were going to incorporate the Urban factor into this with the Urban Office and Urban Hotel Zone. I thought it was strictly residential, but I'm happy to see that this is much more mixed-use.

^^ It has to be. Something this size wouldn't work unless it was mixed use. Hopefully they'll not only build shops, offices and residential units but hospitals, schools, police stations and all that stuff aswell.

Yeah, I would hope they would have something like a fire station and schools and such. You could practically live your whole life on the island with the schools, hospitals, offices, retail, restaurants, residential units, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

The luxurious offshore development one of three palm shaped islands being built by Nakheel along Dubai's coastline will be home to more than one million residents.

And there may never be a need to return to the mainland as the city will include a host of malls, clubs and sporting facilities. Controversy has surrounded the projects recently with some reports suggesting disgruntled homeowners will have to wait up to ten years before they can move onto the island allegations which Nakheel has denied.

The developer has so far sold about 40 per cent of the project's first phase.

The projects are built in stages, so whatever is finished is handed over for development, the thing that may take the longest time are the hotels because they are built by individual developers. The area is almost twice the size of the other two Palms at Jumeirah and Jebel Ali. Work began in 2001.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived