Murfreesboro Getting 10 story Hotel/Conference center

smeagolsfree

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is the skyline is gonna be outside of the core. IN AN OFFICE PARK!!! LOL!!!! Oh well. Murfreesboro should feel proud to be contributing to the lengthening commute times for the metro. At least we are holding up our end of the MSA. LOL!!!

Seriously though, this could be neat. I know that some condos are planned in that general area with a second phase for them involving a high rise of some sorts. I think there is a height limit in Murf-Vegas though. That may limit the height to no more than 15-20 stories at its tallest. I am not sure, but I think there is a limit here.

Edited by Lexy

The hotel will be only 10 stories. John Q. Hammons usualy won't build a hotel unless he has done his homework beforehand. That said, I have not been greatly impressed with any of his structures. They are usually boxes with an atrium or two inside. A couple of hotels he has built have tried to break this mold, but I doubt this one will be anything out of the ordinary.

i don't see murfreesboro getting too many tall buildings anytime soon. especially with that office park going up. it's going to look more like cool springs in franklin. the area is coming along nicely though. some of the new roads they have built have helped a lot with traffic. i know it's cut down my time to get to work by bypassing all that horrible old fort parkway traffic by the mall.

From what I understand about the location,its going to be close to the I24 and I 880 interchange which is way outside the CBD. Is that correct about the location?

If it is correct, then there will be a Cool Springs type of area outside the Boro.

from what it sounds like, it's going to be south of the I-880 interchange. if this is true, it could connect with the rest of the gateway complex that is going to be built. you're right that it is outside of the cbd, but with all of this development, the cbd might actually move to the gateway. haha.

The new Manson Pike interchange (which looks remarkably like a big city interchange) leads directly into the Gateway area. With the double road, medians, nice street lighting, and underground ulitilies, this area will be really nice. The developer stated he wanted I-24 visibility...and boy, he'll get it there.

Hey Lexy,

I did'nt know you lived in the Boro.

If ever you want to give me a run down of Murfreesboro projects, I will be glad to incorporate them into the Development map. I spoke to Rural King about having separate maps and he seems to think we should just do it on the Nashville map. Would give people perspective about the Nashville metro area anyway. I want to do the same for Franklin too. It would be great to see a Nashville Metro project thread and not just the Nashville core. all I need is the locations and I can get them in. I need to take a drive over to the Boro, for that matter we could do a mini meet there and then in Franklin. Just send me an email.

I think this development is the proverbial "Tip of the Iceberg".

I agree. I think that the Iceberg is emerging around Waldron Rd., and now there's talk about speeding up the connection of Sam Ridley Parkway to Brentwood. That would flat-out open the whole dang thing up to thousands more acres of sprawl (errr, I mean houses).

• 4 weeks later...

Problem is the skyline is gonna be outside of the core. IN AN OFFICE PARK!!! LOL!!!! Oh well. Murfreesboro should feel proud to be contributing to the lengthening commute times for the metro. At least we are holding up our end of the MSA. LOL!!!

Seriously though, this could be neat. I know that some condos are planned in that general area with a second phase for them involving a high rise of some sorts. I think there is a height limit in Murf-Vegas though. That may limit the height to no more than 15-20 stories at its tallest. I am not sure, but I think there is a limit here.

According to the development plans on the murfreesborotn.gov website, the actual height limit is 150 ft for the gateway area and overlay districts. This is kind of disappointing since Murfreesboro has not had a highrise built since what is currently the AmSouth bank on Vine Street (1992).

I'm disappointed the hotel will not be in the Gateway area as originally planned. I've got mixed feelings on the whole project. I believe it will definitely be a benefit to the region in many ways, yet I voted against its funding. My feeling is that if it's going to be that economically financial, the investors should raise the money for the construction themselves. It's not an appropriate use of taxpayer money in my opinion.

I was talking to an American Airlines pilot and he said Nashville looked like a giant starfish from the air at night. I guess thats right when you think about how the interstate system runs.

I fly frequently between Chattanooga and Northwest Arkansas. Lately the skies have been incredibly clear, and I've been able to see the entire Nashville Metro looking out to the north from the plane. It really does look like a giant starfish only except it has four main legs, instead of five...one extending southeast to Murfreesboro...one extending south to Franklin and beyond...one extending east to Lebanon and one extending north to Gallatin. It's quite a sight to see. Along the legs you can bulges of lights emanating from the centers of the surrounding cities. You can still pick out LaVerge from Smyrna from Murfreesboro and you can still pick out Brentwood from Franklin from Spring Hill. Over time, it just might all blur together into one huge mass of lights. If it does, we WILL be another Atlanta.