USC-Texas  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• USC
    • Texas

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta go with texas. they have an awesome offense and defense. i'm not sure if usc can contain vince young. then again, texas might have some trouble with reggie bush. hopefully both teams will win out so we can see how this game will go. should be an awesome one.

I've been thinking about this, and I predict one of two things happening:

1) The game is everything it is hyped up to be and more, and one of the superstars (Leinart, Bush or Young) rises to the occasion and wins the game in most dramatic fashion, and the game is dubbed an "epic battle" or a "historic conquest" or something of that nature. Score something like 42-41.

OR

2) Texas comes in to Pasadena way too cocky and gets completely blown apart by a faster, more experienced and more disciplined 'SC, just like last year with Oklahoma. Score something like 42-14

As an 'SC fan, I would like the latter. As a college football fan, I would prefer the former. I'm torn! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still irritated with Mack Brown for leaving Carolina. I know that almost all of the coaches do it, but I still think they should honor their contracts. So, I'm probably slightly prejudiced against Texas. Southern California has been awesome over the past several years. But, I think Texas has equal or perhaps slightly superior overall talent. No matter what Coach Brown may be, he is a great recruiter. Southern Cal has better coaching and Reggie Bush. So I think although Texas will keep it close, the Longhorns will bow to the Trojans 31-28.

Archived