Center Place

cwetteland

Moderator's Note: I have merged previous conversations and rumors regarding the Pizzutti/PBLT/400 North Orange project into a single thread. In case you are under a rock, here is the project rendering:

400NOrange.jpg

Be mindful is that this conversation starts before the above was designed.

There is probably an old thread for this but, hey ... here goes.

Here some speculation on my part (which usually is way off mark): the article announcing Hines says Centorplex is in the lead for the OPAC location. PBLT says it wants people space which by the way is a good fit near OPAC, Orena etc. They also want to build big tall stuff. City wants to revitalize Centroplex, rejuvenate Orena ... and possible provide for soccer. Our visor friends at B&B already have a nice plan for AJAX stadium at the Pizzuti (PBLT) lot ... but where to put the big buildings PBLT wants to build. City now has a bunch of land accross from city hall that it was reserving for OPAC.

Trade:

Hines gets Bob Carr and surrounding area for OPAC

PBLT gets land accross from City Hall for offices, condos and 5-Star Hotel in exchange for building AJAX Stadium (built on top of parking ) and public areas on Pizzuti lot. AJAX parking can also serve OPAC.

Now if you can get the I-4 planners to either bridge or tunnel from North of Amelia to South of Livingston to provide a wide east-west connector ... that'd be cool.

Hey, South East Steel is sitting on some pretty property about now.

OK, the drugs are wearing off now ...

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats all interesting possibilities. It would be nice if so many different avenues of downtown development were intermixed, I think it would add to the overall chemistry of the future of downtown orlando. Otherwise, it is a matter of building this here and that there with no interconnection, no flow.

The sum has to be more than just the addition of its parts.

Dont forget CNL has two more towers to be built.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct me if I'm wrong but I have long since been under the impression that CNL was only going to expand to just one more tower.

If I am wrong, please let me know, I would love it to no end if CNL jacked up City Commons even further than before.

That lot across from City Hall is in my opinion, a bigger asset to Orlando than the Pizzutti lot.

Please forgive me if this qualifies as blasphemy but City Commons has potential to redefine heavy density for this region and I cannot wait to see what goes there, PAC or not.

At the very least, that ridiculously outdated cylindrical building (I believe a bank) that currently occupies will be mercifully erased from existence.

At the very least, that ridiculously outdated cylindrical building (I believe a bank) that currently occupies will be mercifully erased from existence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way whenever I drive past that building.

What's the deal with Kinneret Towers, Orlando Towers (something like that) and such--- any plans to redevelop them?

When this topic was in the Dynetech thread someone asked about this project based on a scale of 1 to 10. With SMOG being a 10, IMO this project is a 9. The only reason I don't place it higher is due to the visual impact that that the SMOG has in it's massing models What truly makes the Pizzuti lot great to me is it's location and anticipation. I, like most on here, have been waiting a long time for this to come to fruition. To say that this has been a long time coming is a bold understatement. Another key factor to this projects greatness will be the tenant that is looking to weigh in heavy on this.

When this topic was in the Dynetech thread someone asked about this project based on a scale of 1 to 10.  With SMOG being a 10, IMO this project is a 9.  The only reason I don't place it higher is due to the visual impact that that the SMOG has in it's massing models What truly makes the Pizzuti lot great to me is it's location and anticipation.  I, like most on here, have been waiting a long time for this to come to fruition.  To say that this has been a long time coming is a bold understatement.  Another key factor to this projects greatness will be the tenant that is looking to weigh in heavy on this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you put PremiereTradePlaza (with Solaire) on that scale for a better sense?

Is this big tenant in the following list:

Electronic Arts

5/3 Bank

Wachovia

or something out of left field????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you're on the right track UPSDan. I think we've all been waiting for the day EA says they're moving downtown with a big presence. I was thinking they would move into the big conceptual buildings of the city place project.

Archived