Center Place

cwetteland

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no residentials..........

anyway, it gots to have a lot of good retails...just not sure if that land have enough space for all that are mentions.

Pizzuti's Orlando City Center also planned on featuring two office buildings (including Orlando's tallest), a high-rise hotel, retail, a "civic square," and was going to be integrated into what was then the proposed intermodal station (now Lynx Central Station). As cwetteland said, the site is more than double the size of Premiere Trade Plaza's so there is more than enough room for all of this.

Pizzuti's Orlando City Center (circa 1997)

1001752a9sz.jpg

Pizzuti's Orlando City Center also planned on featuring two office buildings (including Orlando's tallest), a high-rise hotel, retail, a "civic square," and was going to be integrated into what was then the proposed intermodal station (now Lynx Central Station). As cwetteland said, the site is more than double the size of Premiere Trade Plaza's so there is more than enough room for all of this.

Pizzuti's Orlando City Center (circa 1997)

1001752a9sz.jpg

I remember seeing a model of this in an Orlando book at B&N. If anything, I hope this design doesn't get into anyone's head again. It really isn't attractive.

I remember seeing a model of this in an Orlando book at B&N. If anything, I hope this design doesn't get into anyone's head again. It really isn't attractive.

Whatever happened to that thread with pics of all the has been projects? Cannot wait to see the renderings of this project. When will this be unveiled?

I think an intresting piece of info not mentioned yet is the interactive, high-tech enviorment with a sports and game theme. Can anyone say EA Sports?

Yea, I saw that too. And there have been other clues pointing in that direction. They have signed a "major" tenant but haven't announced who it is. In a "state of downtown" address a month or so ago Mayor Buddy talked about UCF's interactive media school downtown, he mentioned that it is already drawing big interest from interactive media companies that want to locating near the school. Buddy didn't mention the PBLT property, but now the PBLT is making that connection.

Yea, I saw that too. And there have been other clues pointing in that direction. They have signed a "major" tenant but haven't announced who it is. In a "state of downtown" address a month or so ago Mayor Buddy talked about UCF's interactive media school downtown, he mentioned that it is already drawing big interest from interactive media companies that want to locating near the school. Buddy didn't mention the PBLT property, but now the PBLT is making that connection.

Two people on this board know who it is. And you know who you are.

For those on this board with knowledge of this project. What kind of time frame are we looking at for something to be announced? months? weeks? I would think something over 600 ft would be perfect for this spot....That way are skyline won't start to look like a 400ft to 440ft table top...

I kinda like the table top look. Works for Rome, Paris, Washington DC. It will give Orlando a more international look, and separate us from the Charlottes and Atlantas.

Hopefully what will separate us from Charlotte and Atlanta is density and vibrancy. If we achieve those two things, I really wont care what the skyline looks like in the future. However, as it stands now, each of these new projects/developments downtown brings us a step closer to that reality, so the filling in of the Orlando skyline is symbolic of a maturing city.

For those on this board with knowledge of this project. What kind of time frame are we looking at for something to be announced? months? weeks? I would think something over 600 ft would be perfect for this spot....That way are skyline won't start to look like a 400ft to 440ft table top...

Were getting closer. Unfortunately 600ft is definetly out of the question though.

Archived