Center Place

cwetteland

how many units are under construction now? how many units planned?

Over 7,000 planned and a 1,000 under construction. In regards to light rail, I think once we reach 7.5/acre we will be o.k, but the rail will have to go beyond downtown to be sufficient. We only have to get to 7.5 to do our part.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very classical style kind of buildings that fit in Northeast cities. This will totally create the public space it intended to do. People will go down there just to look at them and not to mention this will put Downtown Orlando on the map. Bravo.

The 4 buildings will increase the density in the courthouse area. I would really like to see the base closer.

My first post ever...had been prowling for months...enjoy everyone's comments.

I post now because I really like this initial rendering. This one is different from what we've been seeing. It's the first that I find really exciting. It's also the first of this stringently minimalist, neo-internationalist style that been popular thoughout the great cities that last few years. A lot will, of course, depend on the exterior treatments and materials, but the mass models offer a promising start.

This is the first rendering for Orlando that one might expect to see in Wallpaper one day.

This is a blurry black and white photo of something..... I appreciate the effort someone toook to give us this scoop but it is obvious that we need more details and better illustrations to pass any judgement on this project and even to ascertain if it is what it is purported to be...

I agree, I can't really make out much of what's going on there. The building to the bottom left appears very "blah" and boring. I'm all for the trend of flowing and curved architecture like the initial Dynetech renderings, London City Hall or Haifa Sail Tower.

Since it's out I can probably elaborate more. Thats definetly it. The architect, so eloquently depicted by bic is Arquitectonica. The buldings look very squat in the picture but trust me there huge. The back right building for example is 50 feet taller than Solaire. I might as well give you the new name so we can identify it properly: 400 North Uptown.

Archived