Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Nashville's Downtown YMCA expansion

I remember last year the YMCA announced that they were going to have a major expansion of the downtown location. All I have been able to find out so far is that they are going to at least double the size of the current facility. The parking lot next to the building and the building next to that are going to be incorporated in the expansion and it is scheduled to start in the summer of 2006. I will see if I can dig up more info on this.

Memphis's Y or Nashville's? Nothing in the title or original post gives a hint.

I will fix the title so it will be clearer.

Note: We need to make sure we all indicate which city we are talking about when creating threads if we are to continue to keep all the news in one forum. Its especially important due to new lurkers and forumers who may not familar with all where all the regulars are from. Thanks!

Congrats to Nashville. Is this strictly an expansion of the facility, or an accomodation of other ancillary developments (such as residences, other shops, etc)?

AS far as I know, it is strictly an expansion of the facility to accommodate the numbers of people using the Downtown facility. I do'nt think there are any dorms involved. I would bet that Nahvillebound will have some details a little later on. Hint Hint :silly:

Thanks for that great intorduction...

No news yet. I was in there around 5:30 yesterday AM and the manager had not arrived. The desk person did not offer additional details. I will try again at lunch today.

Ok...

I have a voice mail into Don Jones with the 'Y'. I was told he was the go to for details. The person that I did speak with was not very knowledgeable about the expansion but did say they were still in the fundraising stages and there were no renderings of the expansion currently available.

I've had a rendering of the expansion for a while. It's pretty small but you can see what it will look like. I don't know how to post it though.

I am so glad this project is about to start. I have been waiting on this one for a while and will add a lot to that end of DT. This is a nice addition IMO and will about triple the size of the facility.