The Clement Landport

AceMentor

Will it be successful?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be a bustling hub of MTA light rail, Amtrak, and Commuter Rail?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that CSX and Nashville will work out the details for this to work. This is the most logical place to put a station because it seems as if the infrastructure is already there. It would definatly work for the lines coming from the SE,S,N,W,NW because most of those rail lines are on the west bank of the river or have crossings a little further out. My only concern with that is can that station location handle all the rail traffic that would be assc. with the transit system. Do we need separate stations for each leg of the route? That is a questions that I am not sure how to answer because we don't know how successful the system will be yet. I know several of you have got more answers to this because you have done the research on the rail system. What are the plans for the staions downtown or have they been made yet?

This port is THE key to multi-modal transportation in the Greater Nashville Metro area. If it is done correctly, it will have ripple effects all the way out in Antioch and LaVergne. I have always felt it was under-used and under-rated for its location and potential.

This is certainly the right place for it. Are there any plans that have been published detailing the project? I would say that the probability of such a project being successful is still somewhat doubtful. However, with the proper vision and leadership it could become a reality (and I hope it does).

However, with the proper vision and leadership it could become a reality (and I hope it does).

Leadership is going to be key over the next 8 years here. We need a tigar in the Mayors seat and I am afraid right now we have a kitten. Nashville is going to do see significant growth over the next few years and public transportation is going to have to play a major role in how the city and especially downtown grows. Phil Bredesen, love him or hate him, he had a vision for Nashville

Pardon my pun, but this is nothing but a huge chunk of LandPork. This is the kind of crap from congressmen that should make all kinds of mass transit supports mad as hell. It's misguided wastes (redundant I guess) that siphon off money from the very useful stuff like LRT, BRT, et. al.! Another thing, when was/who conducted any feasibility analysis for the need for this thing?

OK, I've ranted, thanks.

Pardon my pun, but this is nothing but a huge chunk of LandPork. This is the kind of crap from congressmen that should make all kinds of mass transit supports mad as hell. It's misguided wastes (redundant I guess) that siphon off money from the very useful stuff like LRT, BRT, et. al.! Another thing, when was/who conducted any feasibility analysis for the need for this thing?

OK, I've ranted, thanks.

I know how you feel and I felt the same after finding out how it was built. I hope we can now put it to good use. Maybe we can make some bacon out of the pork.

LOL...the Clement Landport. When I went to Meigs, I had to change busses there. I never remember more than 10 people waiting there at one time. It IS is a good location, and the setup of the bus landport is good and it would be a good transfer point from rail to bus, but the platform might be too small to hold the number of people that would be coming in from commuter rail.

The biggest problem with the landport is that it empties out onto a bridge. I know they are redoing the bridge so it can actually SUPPORT the weight of a bus, but it's still hard to turn into and out of there. It was a STUPID STUPID STUPID idea to build that thing emptying out onto the bridge. There is not enough room for it to be as effective of a location as it should be. There was no need to build that landport at the time (no one freakin used it but me) and it just sat there for years as the Demonbreun Street bridge was closed to bus traffic. Where should they have built it? They should have waited for all of this to come together, and built a large landport down by the rail platform where the trains would be coming in on 11th Industrial in the Gulch...then all of this new development (residential, retail) would be building up around this transportation hub...

Btw, they should change the name. Clement was a tool anyways.

Archived