WCCB's Racy Promo

DigitalSky

I saw this during the game on Sunday, and a bit over the weekend... and the observer brought it up in the paper now.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/new...ws/13277365.htm

Aired during the Panthers' game Sunday, the narration for the 20-second promo said: "These local kids found God. They pledged abstinence. But now they're getting on their knees and it definitely isn't to pray They found a loophole in chastity. Don't worry about your kids' virginity. Worry about their oral fixation."

Opinions?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the channel that also has

2 Jerry Springer shows/day

2 Maury Shows/day

2 Tyra Banks shows/day

Cheaters

Endless adverts from lawyers wanting people to come to the so they can sue the government and insurance companies for injuries.

And oddly they have a showing of the 700 club in the middle of all of this.

I laughed hard when I saw it.

The local Fox channel News often does promos that are intentionally outrageous. I often think they are tongue in cheek (no pun intended).

They often do over the top stuff like "learn why old ladies are not safe in Charlotte anymore" or similarly shocking promos for typical local news stories.

By the way, I'll bet it has caused hubbub in Charlotte, because it rings true and parents are probably freaking out.

I think there are many that consider certain acts to not be sexual relations officially. I think the idea was furthered significantly in our culture during the Clinton scandal.

I think the idea was furthered significantly in our culture during the Clinton scandal.

I am reminded of a bumper sticker that I saw the other day.

Nobody Died when Clinton Lied

Clinton, BTW had is day in court and was found to have been innocent of the charges brought against him, by the witchhunting republicans.

Is this news though? Its sort of an old story. What's sad is that the community is being made aware of it by a tv news program. I think if people really talked to their kids they would know what's going on. I think the shot of the girl sucking on the ice pop was gratuitous... the meaning was clear enough already for anyone with some sense.

Had I seen the ad during the game I think I would've laughed.

I am reminded of a bumper sticker that I saw the other day.

Nobody Died when Clinton Lied

Clinton, BTW had is day in court and was found to have been innocent of the charges brought against him, by the witchhunting republicans.

:D That is true. He did, however, cause millions of people to blush and shake their heads with embarassment.

I wish it had never been pursued, though, and brought to the open. Just think what kind of progress the country could have made against the recession and terrorism if we hadn't wasted so much time on an adulterous affair. If the wife is willing to put up with it, then congress should put up with it.

Anyway, my point was, that his parsed logic on whether [you know] was actually relations, definitely made young people believe that it isn't. My wife is a teacher and when the subject comes up, (which, with teenagers it often does, even if you try to stop it), it is clear that significant numbers of kids believe that they can be virgins and do [that]. They also believe STDs are avoidable that way. Then again, they also believe the pill protects against STDs. :rolleyes:

I wish it had never been pursued, though, and brought to the open. Just think what kind of progress the country could have made against the recession and terrorism if we hadn't wasted so much time on an adulterous affair. If the wife is willing to put up with it, then congress should put up with it.

Clinton did not waste time on this issue and as you pointed out it it is a private matter between him and his wife. Blame the viperous republicans in congress, including our own Sue Myrick, for pursing a $90 million dollar taxpayer witchhunt on Clinton where all they could drag up after 4 years was that he lied about a affair. That is where the real waste of time has occured and where the progress the country could have made ended.

BTW, the same idiots have been running the country ever since and we are making no progress now. In fact, the country is devolving if you ask me.

The morals of this country certainly were not destroyed by Clinton.

Although this is a bit off topic from what we were discussing it does involve Fox news here in Charlotte. Although I know Fox News Edge is more entertainment oriented I was watching it last night and they had some guy from the Rhino Times giving some kind of diatribe about how crime in Charlotte is "skyrocketing" and how stupid it is for the city to spend money on museums and theatres and on the Light rail which "has been proven to not only not reduce pollution but also to not reduce traffic". This guy said people should tell the city not to waste the tax payer

Archived