Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the way the growth is going there are going to be a lot of new schools. I think that's another thing I've noticed. Quite a number of people that have moved in have families. Not to say there aren't a number of single people moving in either but it just seems like people have families and sometimes larger families than I usually see in other areas.

Yeah the way the growth is going there are going to be a lot of new schools. I think that's another thing I've noticed. Quite a number of people that have moved in have families. Not to say there aren't a number of single people moving in either but it just seems like people have families and sometimes larger families than I usually see in other areas.

Jim Bob Duggar?

Jim Bob Duggar?

Actually I didn't mean him. But it just seems there are quite a few families I've seen up here with 3 or 4 children. Which of course also means there can be more children than average for the school systems here. I can't say there are more children than other places. But it does seem like I see larger families here than I recall in other places.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the Bentonville Planning Comission approved the 4 story 50,000-square-foot, mixed-use building at 120 W. Central, across from City Hall and the Massey Building.

The structure is suppose to have retail, office and commercial space, and up to 11 residential units on the fourth floor. The condominiums, ranging from 700 to 1,200 square feet, will be for sale.

I'm suprised it was approved because they had concerns about where to get 22 parking spaces for the residential units.

Has anyone heard about the plans to build the new Bentonville Public Library? It's going to be a bit more traditional than Fayetteville's new library, but it's supposed to have an enhanced children's area and a coffee shop.

Yes, the library is suppose to be called the Tom Coughlin Library or something, and it's suppose to have a coffee shop in it like Fayetteville's. It's under construction I think.

Yes, the library is suppose to be called the Tom Coughlin Library or something, and it's suppose to have a coffee shop in it like Fayetteville's. It's under construction I think.

Any idea what coffeeshop it might be?

Hot Springs has an ice skating rink too. My family is going in the next few days. It's very popular.

Bentonville library sounds interesting. Garland County could use a new one.

They need to put an ice skating rink here in Fayetteville too. :D

I ment this Ice Skating Rink. :D

Okay yeah that makes much more sense now. :D If they had a little more space in from of the Town Center you could put one there, just off the Square. But I think they'd have to have to go a little further out to get the room they need. If they built a parking deck then they could tear down one of the parking lots near the Square area and put one there. I like the idea of having it as an ice skating rink in the wintertime. Then maybe move the AMP to the downtown.

How is the AMP doing these days?

They basically only had it open during the summer. Not sure if they'll consider having it open longer after it's a little more established. I would just really like it to be closer to the downtown area. Maybe even have something a little more permanent for that matter. Something like Little Rock's River Market amphitheater maybe.

Archived