Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

Do you have any attendance numbers?

No, I haven't heard any type of figures. When they first set it up I was a bit surprised to hear that they could sit that many people. But now I can't remember what figure they mentioned. I got the impression the first summer season went rather well. I got the impression they were going to try to go for some bigger performers for next year. I'm curious to see if they'll keep it open longer too. Although outside of summer you have to worry a lot more about rain.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I couldn't mention this yesterday since the site was down. But KNWA had some info about all the retail going to Rogers. Overall not much new compared to what I've already seen on here. But they did mention something about planning on setting a state record by having 100 new retail stores opening on one day in October.

Well I couldn't mention this yesterday since the site was down. But KNWA had some info about all the retail going to Rogers. Overall not much new compared to what I've already seen on here. But they did mention something about planning on setting a state record by having 100 new retail stores opening on one day in October.

Wow, I would have thought other malls in Arkansas would open 100 stores or so on one day.

It's suppose to be the Promenade opening in October, which is also suppose to be the 3rd largest mall in Arkansas.

Wow, I would have thought other malls in Arkansas would open 100 stores or so on one day.

It's suppose to be the Promenade opening in October, which is also suppose to be the 3rd largest mall in Arkansas.

I said this before but I guess I use the term mall for an enclosed shopping area and a shopping center or lifestyle center or whatever for an open air. I know technically it's not the case but I guess I just like differentiating that way. By the way what's the top two then? :D

I'd like to get a look at Disney's satellite office in Bentonville. I hear it's designed like a miniature Wal-Mart store with nothing but Disney products. I hear they even have Mickey Mouse ears over every door in the place. With some 200+ Wal-Mart vendors/suppliers with offices in Bentonville/Rogers it makes for a lot of new office space being developed in "Vendorville". I read somewhere that there's a possibility that there will be over 600 vendors/suppliers with offices in the area and that some companies may open larger regional offices here or even move their entire operation to this area to be closer to their Number 1 sales leader, Wal-Mart.

I'd like to get a look at Disney's satellite office in Bentonville. I hear it's designed like a miniature Wal-Mart store with nothing but Disney products. I hear they even have Mickey Mouse ears over every door in the place. With some 200+ Wal-Mart vendors/suppliers with offices in Bentonville/Rogers it makes for a lot of new office space being developed in "Vendorville". I read somewhere that there's a possibility that there will be over 600 vendors/suppliers with offices in the area and that some companies may open larger regional offices here or even move their entire operation to this area to be closer to their Number 1 sales leader, Wal-Mart.

To be honest I didn't know Disney already had a satellite offce here in NWA. I've also been a little surprised that Fayetteville has managed to hang onto a few vendor's offices. Holdovers to when what few vendors where in NWA picked Fayetteville because there still wasn't much in Benton County at the time.

The Disney Office has been around for a little while, but I've never seen it. It was listed on their website for satelite offices the last time I checked.

Nascar opened up a pretty cool satelitte office as well in Bentonville this year.

Does anyone know what's going on in Rogers/Lowell along 71B where the new World Gym (or whatever) is being built? There's quite a bit of ground turned along 71B, but I can't tell if it's going to be more homes or a shopping center, but I would think if they're building a World Gym there will be retail and office space there??

Does anyone know what's going on in Rogers/Lowell along 71B where the new World Gym (or whatever) is being built? There's quite a bit of ground turned along 71B, but I can't tell if it's going to be more homes or a shopping center, but I would think if they're building a World Gym there will be retail and office space there??

Don't ask me, I've having a hard time keeping up with all that development there in Benton County too. :D

Yeah, it's suppose to be a bunch of retail and restaurants that's suppose to appeal to the "average Joe", as the developers say. They haven't announced much, except that the World Gym there will be the World's Biggest World Gym.

Yeah, it's suppose to be a bunch of retail and restaurants that's suppose to appeal to the "average Joe", as the developers say. They haven't announced much, except that the World Gym there will be the World's Biggest World Gym.

Boy wouldn't that be something if Arnold decided to visit NWA for the opening ceremonies of that World Gym! :yahoo:

Archived