Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

Is he one of the owners or something?

If so, there would be a good chance, since they are promoting this gym as the World's Largest World Gym.

World Gym is endorsed by Arnold. He's not really that involved with World Gym so maybe he won't show up. But I'm sure there will be a celebrity bodybuilder at the opening ceremonies, although I'm not much into bodybuilding.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

It looks like the Tom and Cynthia Coughlin Library will no longer be named that.

Cynthia Coughlin told the library board to take the name off of the library yesterday, what it will be, no one knows.

I know, I know. :D They decided on just having it as the Bentonville Public Library. I'm certainly glad the Coughlin name will be taken off. I guess I should have posted this info yesterday when I found out about it.

That's too boring for me.

I liked the David Glass Public Library or the David Glass Center for Learning.

Now that I think about it naming the Bentonville Public Library after David Glass might be an insult to David Glass... like a rebound honor. He'd wonder why was his name was chosen 2nd to Tom Coughlin. Though it is still better than just Bentonville Public Library. It should ring out as a new library and not just a relocated old library.

^

From what I know, Coughlin donated around 4 Million towards the library, that's why they were going to name it after him. I don't know if David Glass or any other Wal-Mart Execs. donated towards it, but it still would be great to see one of their names on the building. May'be even Lee Scott.

From what I know, Coughlin donated around 4 Million towards the library, that's why they were going to name it after him. I don't know if David Glass or any other Wal-Mart Execs. donated towards it, but it still would be great to see one of their names on the building. May'be even Lee Scott.
I agree. Bentonville would be nothing more than a Pea Ridge if it wasn't for Wal-Mart and David Glass made Wal-Mart the giant it is today and Lee Scott is just making Wal-Mart an even bigger, global corporation.

What about a Walton name on it? Especially like a Sam Walton name attached to it? I admit I'm not too familiar with any of the execs. Of course I've heard of Coughlin because of all the problems. I wasn't even sure who David Glass was when I first saw the name.

What about a Walton name on it? Especially like a Sam Walton name attached to it? I admit I'm not too familiar with any of the execs. Of course I've heard of Coughlin because of all the problems. I wasn't even sure who David Glass was when I first saw the name.

There's too many Walton names on buildings around here as we know it. :lol:

Even the airport is named after a Walton. The Alice Walton Terminal Building. We need to get some other Wal-Mart execs. names on buildings who have done tremedious feets.

There's too many Walton names on buildings around here as we know it. :lol:

Even the airport is named after a Walton. The Alice Walton Terminal Building. We need to get some other Wal-Mart execs. names on buildings who have done tremedious feets.

I agree. Everyone knows who Sam Walton is and he has numerous honors to his name. All of the Waltons are well-known in certain circles and have received local honors. But let's face it, Mr. Sam's Wal-Mart wasn't anything compared to today's Wal-Mart. His successor David Glass has been honored within Wal-Mart's circle and should receive public honor like his name on the Bentonville Public Library. Lee Scott, the successor of David Glass and current CEO of Wal-Mart, should receive honors for his efforts to polish Wal-Mart's image while in the line of fire of bad press from newsmedia, unions, numerous lawsuits, anti-Wal-Mart protestors and stiff competition from Target and the likes. David Glass had it much easier than Lee Scott and the responsibility has fallen to Scott to change the direction the company has taken since it's creation. Kudos goes out to Lee Scott for his actions and determination to make Wal-Mart an even better place to shop and a better company to work for and do business with.

[steps down from his soap box] :D

A new ordinance in Bentonville will establish two downtown residential zonings, which will encourage mixed uses, higher densities, and flexible setbacks. Central residential/ moderate density (R-C2) and central residential/high density (R-C3) will be available for urban-style projects downtown.

Some plans being considered by the Bentonville Planning Commission:

[*]Bart Bauer with LandQuest Communities submitted a preliminary plat for Lochmoor Club, Phase II, a 106-lot subdivision on 40 acres off Bright Road.

[*]M&J Investments and Building Corp. submitted a final plat for Virginia

That's right I forgot there are dairy Queens up there. Is that the only one or is there one around Bella Vista too? I wonder why there have been some up there for quite a while, even before the Wal-mart boom and they never put any down here in Washington County.

• 2 weeks later...

The proposed 4-story Mixed-Use in downtown Bentonville is on hold due to the major tenant they were hoping for backing out of the lease. The developer, Tate & Haney, is hoping to find a major tenant so they can start construction on the 50,000-square-foot structure that will have condominiums, loft apartments, retail space and offices. The apartments will be for sale and some will have rooftop gardens.

The proposed 4-story Mixed-Use in downtown Bentonville is on hold due to the major tenant they were hoping for backing out of the lease. The developer, Tate & Haney, is hoping to find a major tenant so they can start construction on the 50,000-square-foot structure that will have condominiums, loft apartments, retail space and offices. The apartments will be for sale and some will have rooftop gardens.

It sounds very interesting, hopefully things will line up and this development will happen. Any ideas where in the downtown area this might be?

Cool, I was hoping that it would be close to Square. Sounds like that would really be a great development, hopefully it will go through soon.

I checked and it'll be right across from the Massey Hotel. I hope it goes through too. The developer, Tate & Haney, actually own 7 buildings on the square which they have restored. Hopefully there will be a good response to this development to keep them going.

I checked and it'll be right across from the Massey Hotel. I hope it goes through too. The developer, Tate & Haney, actually own 7 buildings on the square which they have restored. Hopefully there will be a good response to this development to keep them going.

I remember the hotel although I don't quite recall what was across the street from it.

Hotel Restoration?

Someone's going to have to fill me in on this one.

Not sure if you missed this earlier post but this is what we were talking about.

Archived