Bentonville, Arkansas

mcheiss

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit off topic here, but first off there was a meeting in Bentonville yesterday amoung leaders on NWA about diversity and how NWA needs to embrace it.

Inother somewhat off topic news, it looks like the Walton family has fallen out of the Forbes top ten billionaires. They ranged from 17th to 21st.

A bit off topic here, but first off there was a meeting in Bentonville yesterday amoung leaders on NWA about diversity and how NWA needs to embrace it.

Inother somewhat off topic news, it looks like the Walton family has fallen out of the Forbes top ten billionaires. They ranged from 17th to 21st.

Yeah thanks to GWB a lot of billionaires are much richer today than a few years ago. I guess the Walton's are more into spending money than making it.

Yeah thanks to GWB a lot of billionaires are much richer today than a few years ago. I guess the Walton's are more into spending money than making it.

They have been spending a little money but I think the article I read made it sound like it was mainly due to Wal-mart stock going down a bit last year.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know where else to put this so I put it here. If anyone is interested there was an article in the Morning News about locals in Bentonville/Bella Vista trying to get funding for a proposed new freeway interchange at NE J St:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/03/...bzgovtlunch.txt

If anyone is very familiar with that area, I would be very interested to hear your opinion on this proposal. As in, do you think it could alleviate traffic in the area (particularly Hwy 71 between Bentonville and Bella Vista) by providing another access point into Bentonville from 71.

I couldn't find another topic that would be better to put this in, so I put it here. There were articles today about Bentonville's preliminary results of their special census:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2006/04/.../01bzcensus.txt

http://www.nwarktimes.com/bcdr/News/33284/

Since 2000, it looks like Bentonville has grown about 9,000, or about 44%.

44% in six years, even if it's only 9,000 people, is still impressive me thinks.

Thanks for the info itk. So Bentonville is looking at about 28,500. It wasn't too long ago when Rogers and Springdale were around the 30,000 mark. That reminds me I just had someone for the special census here in Fayetteville stop by yesterday.

This strip mall in Bentonville has been completed for some time but I thought I'd post it. Although it is just a strip mall I like this building because most strip malls are single story and this one is two stories and I thin the awnings and balconies add a nice touch to it. I can't remember the name of it but it's on Southeast Walton Blvd in front of the Northwest Medical Center.

125600023_ada44773a8_o.jpg

I took these a while back. It's the new Bentonville Collonade. This is where the Deja Vu duelling pianos bar, the Plaza Restaurant and the Lemongrass Thai restaurant is located. As you can see clock towers are popping up everywhere. And for those concerned this is a cheaply built development made of shop metal buildings with spray on stucco faux fronts attached. :D

125618394_18aaa78aa5_o.jpg

125619305_193d475b2b_o.jpg

I'm pretty sure I've driven by your first pic. The last two though don't look familiar at all to me. Course I haven't been up there a whole lot recently.

The Bentonville Collonade (the last 2 pics) are right on Rainbow Curve where Southeast Walton Blvd meets Hwy 12 (goes out to XNA).

KHOG talked a little about Bentonville's new census numbers and they also mentioned if NWA continues to grow it could be designated an 'urban' area and be eligible for more federal funding.

That was in reference to the designation for a certain pool of federal funds meant for a designated "urban area" of 200,000 or more (see the previous topic I discussed a couple of months ago.. I think under the transportation thread). Special census doesn't count: NWA has to wait until the official 2010 census, then wait a few years after that to be eligable for those funds.

Of course, aside from this eligibility, I'm sure there are non-transportation related federal funding a city/county/whatever can be eligible for when reaching a certain threshold I just don't know of...

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that Benton County Sunshine School is moving their school from their location off Walton Blvd in Bentonville to N. Woods Lane off Hudson Rd. in Rogers.

It makes sense to me, considering how busy Moberly is during the entire day, and the fact that there is considerable development going on Moberly right now. Smart to sell their land, considering it has Interstate frontage, must have been a heck of a land deal.

Did anyone know that the Lemongrass Thai restaurant is closed?

Supha Vandiver plans to open Siam Palace, another Thai restaurant, at the Lemongrass Thai location at the end of May.

the new restaurant is suppose to have the same interior design but offer more of a family-friendly atmosphere. Patrons have the option of sitting at tables or on the floor, where holes allow diners to dangle their feet if they choose not to sit cross-legged. There will also be a patio added onto the building.

The menu will be authentic Thai food, ranging from $5 to $14 for lunch and dinner. There will also be a kids

Did anyone know that the Lemongrass Thai restaurant is closed?

Supha Vandiver plans to open Siam Palace, another Thai restaurant, at the Lemongrass Thai location at the end of May.

the new restaurant is suppose to have the same interior design but offer more of a family-friendly atmosphere. Patrons have the option of sitting at tables or on the floor, where holes allow diners to dangle their feet if they choose not to sit cross-legged. There will also be a patio added onto the building.

The menu will be authentic Thai food, ranging from $5 to $14 for lunch and dinner. There will also be a kids

Archived