Easley's central business district

GSP Tiger

Easley's central business district has blossomed in recent years. It would be great to shed some light on what is going on.

Easley's new parking draws more business to downtown The Greenville, SC News (11/29/2005)

The 80-space parking lot between East Main and East First is now open.

Rogers Stereo plans to move in and open in May.

Michael's Pizza is relocating into downtown.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt this idea has yet to be conceived: Main and First Streets run parallel from each other from The Huddle up to The Colony. Main Street was narrowed some twenty years ago from four to two lanes and still sees significant traffic towards Pickens. How about one waying Main Street northward and First Street southward with two lanes in each direction? This would imrpove traffic flow and backup on the central business district's three railroad crossings.

My map shows that is 1st St stops one block west of Pendleton St. It seems feasable to me, but what does the neighborhood look like around it? would diverting traffic make it go through a neighborhood?

To the left of West First Street's terminus is a low income mill village and parking for Easley High. To the right if the former Robinson funeral home and The Colony theater. If you contiune straight, it is nothing more than woods and vacant lots. This can allow for easy extension over to West Main Street by the self serve car wash.

If this idea does ever come up, the 4-way stops along East First Street at Russell Drive and South B Streets would be removed.

Archived