Recent Marketing efforts

gs3

Today, in the mail, I received a Bass Pro Shops mailer/sale paper addressed to "occupant" at my address.

I find that interesting in that our two closest stores are Charlotte and Atlanta, and Greenville does not share any media market with these two cities. We do not share newspapers, we do not share TV, we do not share radio. I've never had a credit card with Bass Pro and never been on their mailing list. Anybody else receive this? Curious if this is a sign of things to come.

Also interesting, no Caribou Coffees anywhere in our market....closest being Atlanta or Charlotte. Just noticed today that Caribou has started advertising on "thecarolinachannel.com", the website for Greenville's WYFF - 4. There have been rumblings about Caribou coming into this market.

Odd that the rumors have gone around about these companies, and now some advertising has started in a market that is 100 miles from any of their existing markets. Companies don't waste ad dollars in markets they aren't in, without a reason.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might also add ...

If you receive advertisement of this nature or notice it online, don't hesitate to contact these companies to ask whether or not they have or are planning to have a store in your area. This would be exactly the response that these advertisements are intending to elicit. If you ignore them, they'll think there's no interest.

Hopefully these are a sign of things to come. I remember receiving coupons to Publix when they were about to open a new store nearby. Hopefully a Bass Pro Shops mailer will come to my place.

I remember a few years ago Food Lion commercials were airing on our local channels when they had no stores in the immediate Greenville area. It must have been theior presence in western North Carolina.

I might also add ...

If you receive advertisement of this nature or notice it online, don't hesitate to contact these companies to ask whether or not they have or are planning to have a store in your area. This would be exactly the response that these advertisements are intending to elicit. If you ignore them, they'll think there's no interest.

Excellent point!

Today, in the mail, I received a Bass Pro Shops mailer/sale paper addressed to "occupant" at my address.

I find that interesting in that our two closest stores are Charlotte and Atlanta, and Greenville does not share any media market with these two cities. We do not share newspapers, we do not share TV, we do not share radio. I've never had a credit card with Bass Pro and never been on their mailing list. Anybody else receive this? Curious if this is a sign of things to come.

Also interesting, no Caribou Coffees anywhere in our market....closest being Atlanta or Charlotte. Just noticed today that Caribou has started advertising on "thecarolinachannel.com", the website for Greenville's WYFF - 4. There have been rumblings about Caribou coming into this market.

Odd that the rumors have gone around about these companies, and now some advertising has started in a market that is 100 miles from any of their existing markets. Companies don't waste ad dollars in markets they aren't in, without a reason.

Hi all. I guess I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to jump in. Since I am a big fan, I shot an email to Caribou and their customer relations department said that they are not currently developing anywhere in South Carolina. I guess that doesn't mean that they won't in the future...

Hi all. I guess I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to jump in. Since I am a big fan, I shot an email to Caribou and their customer relations department said that they are not currently developing anywhere in South Carolina. I guess that doesn't mean that they won't in the future...

Hi murph0615! Welcome to U.P. and thanks for piping in! Please continue to do so! :lol:

I visited a Caribou Coffee over near Charlotte a few months back and found it interesting enough, so I, too, wrote to them shortly after that visit and was told the same thing.

I agree - it doesn't mean they don't have an eye on the horizon.

A friend of mine got one of those Bass Pro things today - Wish they'd hurry up and open one around here. Looks pretty neat-o.

Oh, not really a marketing effort, but it's a new store...I heard from a co-worker that keeps up with retail information that Steve and Barry's University Sportswear is coming to the area soon. I've been to the one at Rock Hill Galleria and it's pretty nice.

Welcome murph0615, hope you enjoy your time here.

Steve and Barry's seems to do pretty well in the Galleria, although I've never actually shopped at the store.

Considering that most of them open at malls, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's going to be at Greenville Mall.

There are still available spots at Greenridge, too. Don't discount that as their new location; however, you're probably right. I went in the one in Orlando at the Festival Bay Outlet Mall. It was OK. The prices were great. It's not easy to find an tackle twill college sweatshirt for under $10. Now, if I could have just found one of my colleges there, that's another story. :silly:

I don't know if anyone else has heard this, but B93.7 has been playing an advertisement for Borders Books all day for the last two weeks at least. I know there is a Borders Books Express at the mall but I've never heard so much advertising for a mall book store. Also, Boders Express was at one time Walden Books which was owned by Borders then too and I never heard any advertising fo them. Hopefully they're testing the market...

• 10 months later...

Archived