Wren's First Supermarket?

GSP Tiger

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...

I went to wren schools my whole life and their schools are great! I lived out toward the slab town area for 22 years before moving here to piedmont. My parents still live there though but its nice country out there. I think a supermarket around piedmont would be better because that is really where wren is closest too. I would like it because then i wouldnt have to go to easley or powdersville. I wish we also had a lowes. Thats probably asking for too much however. But yes the powdersville side of anderson from piedmont to powdersville is the fastest growing part of anderson county i think. Thanks to greenville.

-Evan

I would prefer to see a supermarket in Piedmont. It is a small town that has been underserved by the likes of Bi-Lo and Ingle's. It would be nice to see the town grow, something I will save for another discussion.

If Bi-Lo builds in Wren, will it be Bi-Lo or Super Bi-Lo? Undoubtedly the new store will feature a dirve through pharmacy, a possible bank and coffee shop. Imagine a store similar to one on Simpsonville's (Greenville County) Fairview Road.

The IGA we have here in piedmont is a rip off. The only cheap thing they usually have is good meat. Other than that they are overpriced IMO compared to shopping deals you get at bilo and ingles. I wish they would build one over this way. There is a Bi-LO in pelzer but its a good ways down highway 20 (few miles). We could use one here. I think piedmonts population was around 5000 at last census.

-Evan

I think there was a thread based on an article mentioning that.

Link: Retail potential in Anderson County towns

The article from the Anderson Independent-Mail informed of a study to see what outlying comunities in Anderson County could support. Iva's top priority is a supermarket with leaders pursuading Bi-Lo/Super Bi-Lo, Ingle's and Food Lion/Bloom to come to town. A Food Lion and/or Bi-Lo is what Iva needs.

How many Piedmont residents travel over to Moonville for groceries?

I dont go too moonville. I usually go to pelzer which is about 5 miles. I think it would be nice to have another grocery store beside iga but then iga probably couldnt stay in business with something like a bi-lo being around. Also powdersville is about 4-5 miles from me.

Archived