Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mcheiss

Al Salam Towers

More Building News in Doha.

The Al Salam Towers have been announced on the site of the existing Salam Building in Doha.

These towers are both office towers and are 57 and 53 floors, and construction should be finished by 2009.

Here's some great photos:

AlSalam2.jpg

Alsalam.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING FOR DOHA!!!!! :yahoo:

Looks pretty interesting. Looking at the makes me wonder when they'll come up with color changing glass the way they have it with paint jobs on some of the usually nicer type cars. The kind that looks a different color when you look at it from different angles. That would be something interesting to do with some tall glass skyscrapers don't you think?

Looks pretty interesting. Looking at the makes me wonder when they'll come up with color changing glass the way they have it with paint jobs on some of the usually nicer type cars. The kind that looks a different color when you look at it from different angles. That would be something interesting to do with some tall glass skyscrapers don't you think?

Yes, that's a brilliant idea actually. I'm sure someone in Dubai is working on it right now . :rofl:

Yes, that's a brilliant idea actually. I'm sure someone in Dubai is working on it right now . :rofl:

Yeah I would imagine someone is working on it somewhere. Although I somehow doubt it would be cheap in general. And even worse if you're talking about trying to clad a very large building in the stuff.

Yeah I don't know the timetable on this but we'll have to get Matt to take some pics for us next time he visits over there. :D

It won't be done untill 2009.

Okay, that's still quite a while away. I think that's when the Crystal Bridges will be done over here too.

That give's either me or you some time to get down to Dubai. :D

I guess that's one way to look at it. Can you just imagine the differences in the city between now and 2009?

I guess that's one way to look at it. Can you just imagine the differences in the city between now and 2009?

I couldn't even imagine. :blink:

I can't wait to see Dubai in 2009, it will be surreal.

I can't wait to see Dubai in 2009, it will be surreal.

I can see you know planning your future trip for 2009. Imagine what deals you can get buying your ticket this far in advance! :lol:

I can see you know planning your future trip for 2009. Imagine what deals you can get buying your ticket this far in advance! :lol:

Yeah, if the airlines will let me. :lol:

A new strategy for buying cheap airline tickets! :lol: