OT: Firefox 1.5 is out!

snoogit

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great feature of Firefox for those of you that like to post photos, is that it allows you to copy an image location when you right-click on it, especially if you have an image hosting site. At least with my hosting site using Internet Explorer, I would have to add a photo to "my favorites", then open the link, then copy the address, then paste. With Firefox, it's right-click, copy image location, paste. Nice :thumbsup:

Another great feature of Firefox for those of you that like to post photos, is that it allows you to copy an image location when you right-click on it, especially if you have an image hosting site. At least with my hosting site using Internet Explorer, I would have to add a photo to "my favorites", then open the link, then copy the address, then paste. With Firefox, it's right-click, copy image location, paste. Nice :thumbsup:

Great Feature! :yahoo:

I'll be using that one frequently.

Did the get firefox button just get added to the bottom there?

No, it's been there for quite some time though it did disappear overnight with the release of 1.5. Mozilla changed links on me so I'm now hosting it locally. We've been a Firefox supporter from the beginning.

rediscover-110x32.gif

I hate Firefox. Too many compatability issues and required plug-ins. Plus, take it from someone in the biz - it is not the 'secure' solution that people pimp it out to be.

Tried it too many times and keep finding myself back at IE. I do like Opera however.

From someone else in the "biz" I can assure you it is indeed better as far as security is concerned over IE. Has it had problems? Yes, but they have been address quickly and publicly. IE has gotten better by way of pushing patches to consumers but for one, you must run Windows Update unless it is on automatically. There is no embedded update feature in IE as there is in Firefox that alerts you when an update is available.

I'm an IT Manager for a medium sized company (we are primarily a Microsoft shop) and understand that there are several applications that I must use IE for, but they're mainly in-house apps. I haven't opened up IE to surf the "web" in months with the only exception being to test any updates I make to this site on IE to make sure it is 100% compliant.

Yes, after I got about 1/2 a dozen worms last year, then having to run to the Windows Update site multiple times to try and beat the worm as it counted down to self-destruct your internet connection, I've written off Internet Explorer for good. I was starting to think that Microsoft was putting out the worms themselves just to get people to update their Windows <_< I haven't had any problems with Firefox (going on 6 months). And I can't remember the last time I saw a pop-up. A bar pops up along the top part of the screen whenever something comes up that is incompatible, and it gives you the option to allow it, or install whatever is there, or ignore it.

I'm an IT Manager for a medium sized company (we are primarily a Microsoft shop) and understand that there are several applications that I must use IE for, but they're mainly in-house apps. I haven't opened up IE to surf the "web" in months with the only exception being to test any updates I make to this site on IE to make sure it is 100% compliant.

I do IT part-time at the my college I go to via the workstudy program.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived