University of Kentucky

zt456

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By far, one of my favorite campuses in the south. it entails a lot of walking, but is close to everything in Lexington like downtown, Rupp Arena, Bars and clubs etc.

Education wise, it is a good school that excels in Agriculture, Engineering, and has a nationally re-knowned schoold of Pharmacy.

BTW, did I mention that I AM a lifelong UK fan??? LOL!!

Help out any?

Disclaimer: I'm a UK grad, so I might be biased.

You'll have a lot of fun in Lexington, whether you're into partying, sports, or reading. If you live off-campus, be prepared for a lot of walking. You can park in the K-lot and take the shuttle (if it ever comes), or you can forgo the parking pass & play the find-a-meter game downtown. FYI--the K-Lot is around the football stadium, and it's a mile-and-a-quarter walk to class from there. And the parking pass will set you back $120 (or I'm sure it's more now).

If you want to get a good education, you can really get it anywhere. In terms of quality-of-life, the UK campus can't be beat in KY, though.

Okay, here is all I know about UK. They are nice to skateboarders. That's all you need to know right there. LOL. My sister went to UK for her masters in '93 while I was in high school. I would drive up to see her and hang out in Lexington. Nice city, but I thought it was rather boring. Sorry, just my opinion. While she was in class I would just skate around the campus. No one ever gave me a funny look, or told me to leave. In fact, most of the kids would stop to talk and watch me do tricks. They were all very friendly. I was used to getting kicked out of places, so this came as a shock to me. The only building that I got told to leave was at Rupp Arena. I guess they won't let you scuff up the sacred temple. LOL. Just thought I should share my only UK story. I will end by saying that I do remember the campus being large and beautiful. But if you see little chunks missing from the concrete, I didn't do it. HA

I know that it has a beautiful campus.

I visited a friend of mine who attends UK in '04, and I thought everything looked great, and from what I hear, its a pretty good school education wise.

And of course, they have a great basketball team! I'm still recovering from that overtime loss you guys handed to my LSU Tigers in the SEC tournament last year. :P

^ It does have a gorgeous campus. While it is not as historical looking as say, Vanderbilt, it is still equally as peaceful and interesting. The Arboretum (sp?) is right across from the football stadium and provides a nice quiet getaway from the hustle and bustle of the city around you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in my third year at UK and have been loving it, except for the part where we have faced double digit tuition increases every year that I have been here. Oh well, most schools in this nation are facing the same flak, so it's not as if UK is isolated from that.

It is a beautiful campus and one that is trying to connect more with the CBD. The College Town proposal is finally coming to light, with new development projects that are taking aim at the growing number of professionals and students who want to live close to where it's all at.

Now, if we could only make Limestone and Upper two-way and put in a few more traffic signals...

Archived