Hospital Construction

gs3

Article in todays Greenville news about the amount of hospital construction in Greer:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....EWS01/511300396

Also interesting in the article, it talks about the rate of increase in wealth in Greer. Looks like Greer and Simpsonville are in a race to see who can be the wealthiest suburb. :)

On another hospital construction note, GSA Business had an article about a rumor that had floated of GHS buying the St. Francis Patewood location to create one large GHS campus, and St. Francis building an entirely new hospital across 85 from ICAR. They ask officials at both hospitals and the officials said it was just rumor. Interesting, none of us on UP have talked about that. Has anyone heard this rumor?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ditto for improvements at the Greer, Hillcrest, and Patewood Medical Campuses. Hopefully, GHS will turn its attention over to its North Greenville Medical Campus, which remains outdated and underserviced to provide the best treatment for Berea, Cherrydale, Furman, and Traveler's Rest areas. Unfortunately, it seems the incomes in those areas are not enough to warrant improvements to improve medical care.

For the GHS Patewood Campus/St. Francis Women's & Family Hospital article

St. Francis hospital staying put on Eastside Greenville

GSA Business (11/28/2005)

I was not aware of the rumor until reading the article. I doubt it would make sense to improve your current facility, then bolt to another location to spend more money for the same thing you did. Having both GHS Patewood Campus and St. Francis Women's and Family Hospital expands the medical services and options for the immediate area.

Ditto for improvements at the Greer, Hillcrest, and Patewood Medical Campuses. Hopefully, GHS will turn its attention over to its North Greenville Medical Campus, which remains outdated and underserviced to provide the best treatment for Berea, Cherrydale, Furman, and Traveler's Rest areas. Unfortunately, it seems the incomes in those areas are not enough to warrant improvements to improve medical care.

This can't be far down the road. The whole North / Travelers Rest area is growing and I think it's the next Golden Strip. GHS must have plans.

It is a new 100,000 square-foot building about to go up on land along Grove Road next to the main GHS campus. It is a collaboration between USC, MUSC, and Greenville Hospital System to attract the best and brightest in the medical field while providing an excellent opportunity to train the next generation of medical researchers here. I believe classes have already begun, but obviously the institute won;t be fully functional until the completion of the new facilities. It is a very exciting venture for the entire Upstate! :D

Article in today's Greenville News about St. Francis possibly building something on the Millennium campus:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs..../512090317/1003

Thanks for this Greenville! This is the rumor we had heard, but St. Francis had denied it. Actually, what they really I denied, I guess, was not selling the Eastside Campus to build this. This could be one MAJOR development and more for the new I-85 skyline! :thumbsup:

Archived