D'town events today 11/30 (Nashville)

For those downtown today there are two events that may hold your interest.

1) Church Street Construction Complete - Grand Re-Opening this Wednesday

You are cordially invited to a block party to celebrate the re-opening of Church Street with Mayor Bill Purcell, Metro Public Works and your downtown neighbors.

Wednesday, November 30

12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Financial Plaza

424 Church Street

2) NCDC hosts SoBro design meeting

November 30, 2005

Today from 1-4 p.m. the Nashville Civic Design Center will host a design review meeting regarding long-term redevelopment of SoBro.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=46240

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drove Church Street yesterday. Loved it. I like the two way traffic and the pedestrian friendly sidewalks now. This will be the next great street in the core of Nashville. Especially after Signature Tower gets built.

Speaking of Sig., They said it would have a restaurant in it. How would an Emeril's sound to you guys???? I would fall over dead if that was the restaurant.

i would love to see houston's back in nashville and think it would be fun in the sig tower. i cant tell you how sad i am the original is no longer there

I know they won't do it, but could you imagine the restaurant at the top of the Signature. I'd wait in line for hours to get that view!

I went to the grand opening ceremony today. I didn't want any of the huge cake, so I left after the speaking and walked the length of Church to 8th... it looks great! Favorite stretch is from 7th to 8th Ave.'s in from of Bennie Dillon and Doctor's building. Federal Courthouse will complete change this area (tho I'm not crazy about it's design).

Drove Church Street yesterday. Loved it. I like the two way traffic and the pedestrian friendly sidewalks now. This will be the next great street in the core of Nashville. Especially after Signature Tower gets built.

Speaking of Sig., They said it would have a restaurant in it. How would an Emeril's sound to you guys???? I would fall over dead if that was the restaurant.

Shoney's. ;)

Archived