Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsutter2

Condo prices yikes

I am currently a student at USF and am looking for a condo investment when I move into the workforce (soon). Alot of the crappy apartment complexes around here (ahem suitcase city) are being converted into decent condos.

So I go in for a tour of somerset park (on bearss) thinking it will be somewhat affordable considering there isnt really anything special about it, the area is kinda crappy and its pretty far from downtown. Ahh, no? 115K for a barebones 1 bdrm, 130K for a 2/1, I was kinda shocked. Condos are expensive :(

I am currently a student at USF and am looking for a condo investment when I move into the workforce (soon). Alot of the crappy apartment complexes around here (ahem suitcase city) are being converted into decent condos.

So I go in for a tour of somerset park (on bearss) thinking it will be somewhat affordable considering there isnt really anything special about it, the area is kinda crappy and its pretty far from downtown. Ahh, no? 115K for a barebones 1 bdrm, 130K for a 2/1, I was kinda shocked. Condos are expensive :(

have you heard of the university oakwood condo's if so what do you think of them or the area?

i spent my high school years in south tampa and looked around...but those prices and property taxes can make one take another look. :blink: