Toll Road Construction Begins in San Antonio.

Architecture in Helsinki

In January, workers will begin constructing frontage roads and later add four to eight express toll lanes from North Loop 1604 to Stone Oak Parkway. The new roadway will be 16 lanes at its widest points.

Timber! U.S. 281 on road to tolls

Hopefully Zachry gets the contract bid and builds out the entire 47-mile system.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know about the highway construction on 281 right after hildebrand??? It looks like they are building an HOV lane or something like that?

Actuall, it's just a new lane for traffic. 281 from Hildebrande to Jones-Maltsberger will go from 6 to 8 lanes and then from there 281 becomes a 10 laner.

Also the "WEB" seems to be coming along very quickly, even more so than I10 and 410 interchange!

Yeah, it is only going to take 2 years to build and should be done by 2008, about the same time as the Great Northwest interchange, but the GNW has been under construction since like 1998! :(

The WEB will be just as big as the GNW interchange, the only difference is TXDot found funding for the entire project and when they sent out bids the company that won promised to have it finished within 2 years.

Now all we need is an interchange built at 281 and 1604 and the city is pretty set for the next 10-15 years.

Actuall, it's just a new lane for traffic. 281 from Hildebrande to Jones-Maltsberger will go from 6 to 8 lanes and then from there 281 becomes a 10 laner.

Yeah, it is only going to take 2 years to build and should be done by 2008, about the same time as the Great Northwest interchange, but the GNW has been under construction since like 1998! :(

The WEB will be just as big as the GNW interchange, the only difference is TXDot found funding for the entire project and when they sent out bids the company that won promised to have it finished within 2 years.

Now all we need is an interchange built at 281 and 1604 and the city is pretty set for the next 10-15 years.

Thanks for the info! I also think an interchange is needed at I10 and 1604 as well. It's very inconvient at times to get to 1604 West bound from I10 going west.

Thanks for the info! I also think an interchange is needed at I10 and 1604 as well. It's very inconvient at times to get to 1604 West bound from I10 going west.

Actually, 10/1604 does have an interchange, however it is an outdated cloverleaf design.

As part of the 1604 toll road project, I-10/1604 would become a partial tolled interchange. New flyover ramps built would be tolled while the original cloverlead would remain free.

However, the 281/1604 interchange would be built as a tolled interchange with the current "interchange" aka the access lanes would remain free.

Archived