Homosexuality & God/Guest on Fox News wrong

ShowMeKC

Several days ago a guest on Fox News stated that god never said anything about homosexuality. I just thought I should post this (since I don't feel like emailing FNC)

Whoever said that hasnt read Leviticus 18:22 where it says.

"You shall not lie with a man as with a woman. It is an abomination."

Also, there are four important words at the end of verse 21 which prove it is god's word:

21- "And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.

Lastly I just want to state I personally have no hatred for gays however I don't condone their actions.

For it also says in Romans 12:9

"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good"

Also, those who do not believe its a sin which will be unpunished visit Romans 1:18-32.

Like I said, I have no hatred for homosexual people. I just wanted to "expose" the people who say god hasnt said anything against it.

Thank You.

Now, I will quietly retreat back into the forums, and keep my "quiet" like status :)

If anyone wishes to debate this you are free to do so. But I won't be participating.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leviticus also favors stoning women for adultery.

The Bible lists the following as capital crimes, do you agree, and if not, why not?

adultery (Leviticus 20:10), homosexual behavior (Leviticus 20:13), kidnapping (Exodus 21:16), loving anything more than God (Leviticus

First of all, I don't care what the Bible says about homosexuality. I live the way I naturally am regardless.

The Bible can be used to promote the idea of slavery (there are articles in there that seemingly support it).

The Bible can be used to promote many things that are not acceptable in any modern sense.

Also, if you are a Christian, isn't it true that you do not follow the Old Testament? That's what the new law is for. If you are Jewish, then I suppose you still follow the Old Testament. Otherwise, if you are Christian, you follow the New Testament. That's the cornerstone of Christianity, afterall I was raised in a fundamentalist southern church and went for the first 16 years of my life. I should know...

The fact is, you can either use the Bible to further your personal beliefs, or you can look at it as a history book with lessons; but lessons that you can only learn from. Not to tell people what is right and wrong. People can decide for themselves individually.

I feel as if those who use the Bible and say homosexuality wrong are ignoring the many more references about heterosexuality and sin, as well as using the Bible for their personal selfish interests.

I don't go by the Bible anymore, I have since given up on religion. But that doesn't change the fact that I had a very strict Christian upbringing and know exactly how fundamentalists believe.

Several days ago a guest on Fox News stated that god never said anything about homosexuality. I just thought I should post this (since I don't feel like emailing FNC)

Also, there are four important words at the end of verse 21 which prove it is god's word:

21- "And you shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech, nor shall you profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.

Lastly I just want to state I personally have no hatred for gays however I don't condone their actions.

For it also says in Romans 12:9

"Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good"

Also, those who do not believe its a sin which will be unpunished visit Romans 1:18-32.

Like I said, I have no hatred for homosexual people. I just wanted to "expose" the people who say god hasnt said anything against it.

Thank You.

Now, I will quietly retreat back into the forums, and keep my "quiet" like status :)

If anyone wishes to debate this you are free to do so. But I won't be participating.

Leviticus 18:22

King James Version:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?l...A22&version=KJV

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

New King James Version:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?l...22&version=NKJV

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination."

NIV Version:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?l...A22&version=NIV

"'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

New Living Translation:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?l...A22&version=NLT

"Do not practice homosexuality; it is a detestable sin."

Contemporary English Version:

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?l...A22&version=CEV

"It is disgusting for a man to have sex with another man."

---

Those are various translations. Some translations, like the New International Version, were translated by the Southern Baptist Convention. The King James Version was of course translated by King James of England's authorized group of scholars in the early 1600's. King James himself was bisexual, and the scholars did not approve of his behavior which is notable.

Remember, the KJV is hardly the original Bible. So what are we to believe? Virtually all new versions of the Bible - like the NIV - were translated FROM the KJV and re-interpreted.

Might as well show all of Leviticus Chapter 18 while we are at it.

http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?l...+18&version=KJV

Leviticus 18

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.

3 After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.

4 Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.

5 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.

6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.

7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

9 The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

10 The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.

11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

12 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.

13 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.

14 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.

15 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

16 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.

17 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.

18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.

19 Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.

20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.

21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

27 (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)

28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

---

If you read the entire chapter, it also shows plenty of heterosexual rules... And if you interpret this literally, you can say a sister is going to hell if she examines her fellow sister's breasts in a totally non-sexual way. It says nakedness, not lust or sex.

What do we want to do? Interpret this in a way where we make it an abhorrent sin in modern time to allow a woman to be declothed and have anyone but her husband see her - even if its non-sexual?

That's what the ARABIC cultures do TODAY in Islam.. Not very different.

Its called FUNDAMENTALISM. Something our army is fighting against in the Middle East as we speak.

So ATTENTION REPUBLICANS (including you KC Guyed Guy). IF you are against radical fundamentalism, are you against it here, or are you just against it in the Middle East?

Its an honest question, I'm not bashing you.

I think you are born as a unique individual and god made you that way, so who am I to argue with god. ;)

My question is why does the "Christian Right" concern itself so deeply with peoples sexuality and not with the government executing innocent people like in Illinois... "Thou shalt not kill" ...right?...

I interpret that line the same way you do. To me it clearly forbids homosexuality. But, it's important to remember that approximately 4 billion non-Christians don't believe that they should follow what's written in the Bible. I'm gay and I feel I've been that way since birth. I don't know if there is or isn't a god, but if there is, then why did he make me gay if he disapproves of it?

heckles: First of all, I don't care what the Bible says about homosexuality. I live the way I naturally am regardless.

I completely agree.

(I know i promised no more posts but heres my third)

To monsoon

God played more of a part in the bible than the people did.

He was the one who gave the rules and words to the writers.

God wrote the bible if you consider that he "spoke" it to the people who "wrote" it.

The side of my post directed to gays is that (if your a christian) god will forgive you but you will still require "punishment."

Like I said, I have nothing against gays but I don't "condone" their actions.

N.H. church to issue marriage licenses to gay couples

Pastors at Portsmouth, N.H.'s South Church announced plans to sign marriage licenses for same-sex couples who wed in their church to protest the state's same-sex marriage ban, according to the Portsmouth Herald.

The church, home to a Unitarian Universalist congregation, has been performing religious marriage ceremonies for gay couples for the past 15 years, according to co-pastors Will Saunders and Marta Flanagan.

Saunders and Flanagan told the Herald that they will create a marriage license for same-sex couples patterned after the licenses issued to heterosexual couples by the city clerk's offices. When they marry a gay couple they will send the signed license to city hall.

"We want to encourage a change in the laws as expeditiously as possible," Saunders told the Herald.

From Bay Windows

Gay couples can marry at Portsmouth church

By Associated Press

PORTSMOUTH, N.H.

You ARE forgiven however if Hitler asked for forgiveness would he get it? Yes, but he would be severely punished. (everyone even Hitler can be forgiven, if they mean it that is. Which I doubt he would ask and mean it)

Punishment doesnt have to be stoning or plauges, you ever hear of Hell?

I cant wait till judgement day to see Hitler and Saddam be thrown into a hole of fire worse than Hell.

But enough about that. I won't make comments about gays. I won't even post unless someone says something about christianity or has a question about it.

You ARE forgiven however if Hitler asked for forgiveness would he get it? Yes, but he would be severely punished. (everyone even Hitler can be forgiven, if they mean it that is. Which I doubt he would ask and mean it)

Punishment doesnt have to be stoning or plauges, you ever hear of Hell?

I cant wait till judgement day to see Hitler and Saddam be thrown into a hole of fire worse than Hell.

But enough about that. I won't make comments about gays. I won't even post unless someone says something about christianity or has a question about it.

In an earlier post, I asked you if you were in favor of the death penalty for those capital offenses which the Bible lists.

Are you?

Also, if you are a Christian, isn't it true that you do not follow the Old Testament? That's what the new law is for. If you are Jewish, then I suppose you still follow the Old Testament. Otherwise, if you are Christian, you follow the New Testament. That's the cornerstone of Christianity, afterall I was raised in a fundamentalist southern church and went for the first 16 years of my life. I should know...

Is the Old Testament not big in the American south? Shame, some of the best stories are in there.

As a Roman Catholic I suppose I'm supposed to take a lot of the Bible as absolute truth; however in practically I can accept most of the Old Testament is presented in such a way to explain and defend rules and regulations that the Jews had. Even assuming if everything in there was directly inspired/written/spoken by God, I think its fair to say that after thousands of years and multiple translations, some things got lost or changed along the way.

On the other hand I'm much more adament about the truth contained in the New Testament. When it says: "Jesus said ____" and "Jesus did this", I tend to believe it as fact (in the sense that it happened that way, though possibly not using those EXACT words), even if it lost some accuracy along the way.

Guest donaltopablo

Is the Old Testament not big in the American south?

I'm not aware of any major Christian religion not believing in the old testament. I think Christianity puts an "emphsis" on the New Testament and the coming of Christ, but this does not mean that the old testament is through out.

I'm not aware of any major Christian religion not believing in the old testament. I think Christianity puts an "emphsis" on the New Testament and the coming of Christ, but this does not mean that the old testament is through out.

In the Church of Christ, we were taught that the Old Testament or "old will" was written for our learning. However, the whole foundation on the Church is built on the New Testament Church founded by Jesus. I also find the Bible much easier to comprehend, if you first determine who was being addressed in each scripture, who wrote it, and why was it written. If you look and study it that way, you wil clearly see, the entire Old Testament was written and addressed to the people of Isreal, who were living under the Mosiac Law, which no longer applies today.

Archived