Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheGerbil

State offers money for 5th/Forbes

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05335/615250.stm

The state is prepared to offer $30 million in grants, loans and tax credits to help finance projects to revitalize the listless Fifth and Forbes retail district Downtown, Gov. Ed Rendell said yesterday.

Sounds like this is finally coming along. Say what you will about Mayor Murphy, I credit him for creating an interest in revitalizing this corridor. Even if much of it is reactionary, none of this really seemed to start until he proposed something.

I am so glad to see some solid plans for this area. Not to mention all the new housing. I am very excited about the possiblities.

For the first time since this started years ago, I feel confidant that something will get done. The fact that their are now multiple parties involved with the fifth/forbes area gives it more credability.

^^great point PB, what warms my heart is that PNC with its deep pockets, deep roots to the area, and a vested interest in getting a "gateway" to it's corporate centerpiece is on board and rushing to get this thing done. Looks like the cultural district and Grant are gonna have a great compliment to their success real soon!