Mills/50

camstrang

13 minutes ago, cwetteland said:

What are you basing your "closing" statement on. They say they are upgrading their equipment in Bungalower.  People sometimes lie, but why do you assume they are in this case?  What did I miss.

Here is the list of what is being sold. Its everything including the POS system, chairs, glasses, etc. You can't even be open without the sinks and hood and everything so they are clearly closing or this list of items for auction is wrong.

http://www.stamplerauctions.com/auction/304874/brewery-bar-grill/

So did some searching around and found this:

https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/DocView/Doc?request=53281585&eCode=iNuC%2Bvjl7ISTvHhw%2Fe1N1ba9QHZPG2sMV4IaJ3Its5C8QQuJX9r6lWnQU3hqCeZ9Bclc01pmed8Y7TYu%2F%2BnYMA%3D%3D

He basically owes $471k for breach of contract. The case was decided and it is case number  2016-CA-008635-O  in case that link doesn't work.

Edited by popsiclebrandon

On 12/27/2016 at 4:51 PM, AndyPok1 said:

It was supposedly this morning.  Guess we should really have a better answer by now.  I'll give it until tomorrow morning until I chalk it up as yet another reason to never go to Bungalower since Matt left.

Why so catty? Is Bungalower supposed to subject a direct source affiliated with the business to a polygraph before publishing statements?

• Like 3

The funny thing is that the Daily City ran a blog post about this focusing on the legal issues and liquidation.   They are taking some heat on their Facebook post because someone with the brewery keeps responding that they aren't closing.

If you combined the two articles with a balanced tone it would have actually been stellar coverage.

Yeah feel bad for Mark on that one. He is presenting the facts of the case and these 1010 people are refusing to see what the docs say and just keep doubling down on the owner said he is staying open and expanding. Kinda weird to see people say he should only report positive stories. 

I just want to know if anyone bought the auction items or if this will go back up for auction.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like they've made some good progress on Fern Creek 20. First five townhomes have foundations poured, plumbing in, and are well into bricklaying. The second set of five is framed and has plumbing in, about to get foundation poured.

Not sure why the blue/white Halo Dental building is still there...

FernCreek20.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Scott Joseph has a great review of the Mia Supermarket which replaced the Carter-era Winn-Dixie (although the building goes back to the 50's) at Coytown. The seafood selection looks to be phenomenal - it definitely puts Publix to shame:

http://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews/45-asian/3794-mia-supermarket

On 12/31/2016 at 2:07 PM, Jernigan said:

Mark usually has it coming with his choice of tone.  Probably the anti-OBJ

I know this is an old topic, but if I may address this now after all the hubbub has died done. Though the story never said the bar was closing, my headline certainly made it seem like it was. Lesson learned on poorly worded headlines. Won't make that mistake again. Thanks. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jernigan said:

The NW corner (old Anthony's spot) is finally a storefront years after being empty.

A smoke shop.

Sorry guys, painting dumpsters and traffic signal boxes is cool but that intersection needs surgery...not a band aid!

at least it was a shop that was only a few stores over ... haha so it's local ... if that helps. 

• Like 1