Mills/50

camstrang

• 2 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Starting to add some color to Fern Creek 20. (Hopefully it doesn't stay Fern Creek 10 forever...)

IMG_20180126_082804.thumb.jpg.4a06098a46c049ced108992d3d249934.jpg

I also saw they're laying out a bunch of 2- or 3-inch pipes on the old Chevron site—and I mean literally just laying dozens of PVC pipes out on top of the concrete like they're measuring something. Any idea of what they're doing?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alex said:

I also saw they're laying out a bunch of 2- or 3-inch pipes on the old Chevron site—and I mean literally just laying dozens of PVC pipes out on top of the concrete like they're measuring something. Any idea of what they're doing?

Environmental cleanup?

• Like 1

Two other updates:

• The 10 town homes at Fern Creek and Concord are well underway. It looks like they wrapped up plumbing and could go vertical soon.

• There's some movement at the Bento site at 1900 East Colonial (SW of the Hampton/Colonial intersection). They've torn up the parking lot and dumped a huge pile of sand on the site. According to a recent article, the 10,000 sq ft building will include 3,000 sq ft for the brand's new HQ, a 3,000 sq ft catering facility and test kitchen, and a 3,500 sq ft Bento Café. It's set to open by the end of the year.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, alex said:

Two other updates:

• The 10 town homes at Fern Creek and Concord are well underway. It looks like they wrapped up plumbing and could go vertical soon.

• There's some movement at the Bento site at 1900 East Colonial (SW of the Hampton/Colonial intersection). They've torn up the parking lot and dumped a huge pile of sand on the site. According to a recent article, the 10,000 sq ft building will include 3,000 sq ft for the brand's new HQ, a 3,000 sq ft catering facility and test kitchen, and a 3,500 sq ft Bento Café. It's set to open by the end of the year.

Beat me to it.  I took a photo of the site on Monday.  Not much, but I'm sure Lily's bridal and the puppy store are not happy they lost their parking lot again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 9:17 AM, alex said:

Two other updates:

So, there are a couple of good dynamics at play here.  First, the Bento people are from Gainesville and chose Orlando for their HQ and training kitchen.  Secondly, the owner is Asian and chose the Little Saigon area for his HQ/kitchen/Bento.  I think that's great that he did that.  He's a good Gator.

On 1/27/2018 at 10:38 AM, smileguy said:

Environmental cleanup?

@UngaBungalow covers this topic here:  http://bungalower.com/2018/02/21/eyes-street-whats-hoses-boxes-ferncreek-colonial/

I have to say I cringed when I read the speculation that a Kobe’s was being built off of the owners email address...maybe he knows something we don’t because there is definitely a site plan for a mixed use development there.

• Like 2

The owner's of Kobe must be real estate geniuses.  They buy a site to put in a Kobe only to sell or lease the properties to major corporations and never build that restaurant.   I remember in 2003 when Kobe was going in the spot where Office Depot is now, then to where Bento is going up.  Now this.  That better be one really nice Racetrac!  The city has streetwall ordinances there right?