camstrang

Mills/50

There was a Hooters downtown.

But, really, their wings along with the wing house are just ok.

Your right, but that was a different time altogether. I think the population,provided a better location then the first time, could definetly support it.

As far as the wings go: who really cares? I'm not really going for the quality of the food anyways.

gumpking1    0

I thnk a Winghouse would do incredible business downtown.

I would agree.I cant believe there isnt one there now

as for me... I'm a Gator... I go there b/c its orange.

They opened a hooters in sanford.If anyone gets up that way go in and say hi to Ashley she is a good looking Hooters girl

camstrang    15

The entire lot (which is absolutely massive, by the way) is fenced off now at the street. Dumpsters all over the place, and a lot of demo taking place. It's finally happening. :)

Gil    0

All I know is that I'm siked about this whole project because I own a duplex right across the street on Haven Drive. I hope it will drive property value way up.

Chemmie    0

Losing Will's kind of sucks. I never really went there, but that's the type of place that a city needs. An eclectic club that both city dwellers and those from the suburbs will visit.

neon9    0

Losing Will's kind of sucks. I never really went there, but that's the type of place that a city needs. An eclectic club that both city dwellers and those from the suburbs will visit.

Yeah they had a mixed crowd there all right. A hell of a selection of beer, also. :(

bulldogger    79

The cash register guy now has a "for sale" sign out front. I wonder what he is asking.

That's a prick move on his part. Watch him sell it to anyone but the developer.

pomegranate    0

That's a prick move on his part. Watch him sell it to anyone but the developer.

Good point.

It may be an exercise in futility, because from what I've heard, the developer offered him a highly inflated amount. Unless he plans to accept a lower amount just for spite. That would be a shame.

camstrang    15

These were in a PDF that's been circulated for the last year or so. I don't know if the renderings have changed much since this proposal though.

mn1.jpg

mn2.jpg

mn3.jpg

mn4.jpg

Edited by camstrang

Gil    0

Good point.

It may be an exercise in futility, because from what I've heard, the developer offered him a highly inflated amount. Unless he plans to accept a lower amount just for spite. That would be a shame.

Total idiot, but he most likely felt the pressure. Supposedly he always used an alley way in the back of the property, but it belonged to another business that the developer purchased and they already blocked him from using it. I don't believe it's greed, but him being naive that he would be able to beat the developer.

JRS1    0

The buildings are coming down...major demolition work was going on today.

this is interesting. when this gets underway, we will have another dozen or so projects U/C along the 17/92 corridor all the way up past Maitland. this street will be completely transformed.