camstrang

Mills/50

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

The lockers are all over the tourist corridors.

But, oddly, not downtown. The closest ones were either at Orange and Kaley or Colonial and Westmoreland (a fun neighborhood) before I switched to target.com (whose delivery is getting ever quicker as amazon’s keeps slowing down for whatever reason).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, spenser1058 said:

But, oddly, not downtown. The closest ones were either at Orange and Kaley or Colonial and Westmoreland (a fun neighborhood) before I switched to target.com (whose delivery is getting ever quicker as amazon’s keeps slowing down for whatever reason).

They moved the Bumby/Curry Ford one into the actual store similar to Kaley/Orange.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, did we know that this....

x711delivers.jpg

...was a thing?

I only heard about it recently.

My question is - what would anyone possibly want to have delivered from 7-Eleven??

A cup of coffee and a couple of donuts? A couple of hot dogs, a bag of chips and a two liter soda?

I'm guessing the biggest demand will be from guys who run out of beer and are too drunk to drive up there to get more. Maybe toss a pack of cigarettes in the bag with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

So, did we know that this....

x711delivers.jpg

...was a thing?

I only heard about it recently.

My question is - what would anyone possibly want to have delivered from 7-Eleven??

A cup of coffee and a couple of donuts? A couple of hot dogs, a bag of chips and a two liter soda?

I'm guessing the biggest demand will be from guys who run out of beer and are too drunk to drive up there to get more. Maybe toss a pack of cigarettes in the bag with it.

And the ever so tasty $5 pizza! Watch out, Papa John!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spenser1058 said:

And the ever so tasty $5 pizza! Watch out, Papa John!

I haven't been brave enough to try their "pizza" yet.

If I was reeeeeaaaaally hungry and somewhere I couldn't get anything else, I'd probably try one.

Couldn't be that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I haven't been brave enough to try their "pizza" yet.

If I was reeeeeaaaaally hungry and somewhere I couldn't get anything else, I'd probably try one.

Couldn't be that bad.

It was basically similar to one of the cheaper frozen pizzas like Tombstone. If you’re hungry, even bad pizza is pretty good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am fascinated by the sheer engineering of the "rolly-food" products they have come up with. How the hell did they get buffalo chicken in cylindrical form? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I am fascinated by the sheer engineering of the "rolly-food" products they have come up with. How the hell did they get buffalo chicken in cylindrical form? 

With rolly -food, Japanese-owned 7-Eleven is Making America Great Again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ralph Kazarian building (...you know the number) is finally officially sold at Mills and 50. The article notes the investor likes historic buildings in predominantly Vietnamese areas. While that building is old, it’s been so Eisenhowered over the years that it’s not the prize for preservationists but the ones just to the east and south are. Here’s hoping.

https://bungalower.com/2019/02/06/investors-purchase-prominent-corner-in-mills-50s-little-vietnam/

From Bungalower 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That "tower" portion that sticks up a couple of stories on the K bldg has such potential for some awesome cool graphics like a mural or some neon lighting or both.

Even some well done commercial signage.

kazarianbldg.jpg

Shame it's just continues to be wasted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Anyone have an idea why I Fix Your i took it down and put the signage down lower?  Is there a sign ordinance that made them do it?  Also, It would be nice for the new owners to spruce the buildings up.  Anthony's in particular looks a little rough.

image.pngimage.png.3cfd14a12a8670e1fcfb3633d4ced961.png

Also doing this research it appears its the same phone number as Ralph Kazarian's Insurance. 

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just imagining the building repainted in some color that doesn't look like mud and that tower trimmed out in neon with a really cool Orlando or Mills 50 mural on both sides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, HankStrong said:

No thanks!  I've seen the rusty pipe commercials.  The 70s were bad! Plastic is good!

And those Harvest Gold and Avocado appliances!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

And those Harvest Gold and Avocado appliances!

f3b63bad4bca5f910568a78d7a8544d0.jpg

I just saw recently that HGTV purchased and is sponsoring a remodeling of the house that was used in the exterior shots of The Brady Bunch (11222 Dilling St, North Hollywood, Studio City CA.) to look just like it did on TV.  The original cast is involved in the design of the bedrooms etc. In the kitchen... Harvest Gold and Avocado counters and appliances.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.