Mills/50

camstrang

There's a red notice on the front door of the sales office announcing a public hearing for a master plan amendment. Does anyone know what the changes are? They've already switched from condos to apartments (though the signage on the sales center still says condos). The rest of the development is retail and office buildings. I'm curious what more they're wanting to change.

There's a red notice on the front door of the sales office announcing a public hearing for a master plan amendment. Does anyone know what the changes are? They've already switched from condos to apartments (though the signage on the sales center still says condos). The rest of the development is retail and office buildings. I'm curious what more they're wanting to change.

I own a duplex right across the street on Haven Dr and I received a notice about the public hearing. From what the note said, they are requesting some rezoning. Maybe they have to rezone in order to go from condo to rentals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not an insider by any means on this project but I would expect to at least see the medical/office condos go up. Health care industry in general right now is not suffering and that location is prime to FH. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the commercial retail going up also, the Mills area is always busy and I think people living in the core would like an alternative to having everything located on Colonial. I think if anything they'll hold off on the residential condos for a while or possibly switch some to rentals. Just my guess, I am no expert.

I'm not an insider by any means on this project but I would expect to at least see the medical/office condos go up. Health care industry in general right now is not suffering and that location is prime to FH. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the commercial retail going up also, the Mills area is always busy and I think people living in the core would like an alternative to having everything located on Colonial. I think if anything they'll hold off on the residential condos for a while or possibly switch some to rentals. Just my guess, I am no expert.

I think the residential condos have already been changed to rentals; however, that was done a while ago, and still no progress.

From the Colonialtown blog on the Orlando Sentinel web site:

"As some of you have asked in the comments about what is happening there and some have pointed out that dirt piles have moved. Justin Pelloni, the developer, sent along an update at the end of December. Sorry about taking long to put it up but here it is:

We have a delay relating to the final FDOT approval. The City traffic department has committed to help us with this. This issue needs to be resolved prior to us getting a final plat. So, once we have the FDOT approval we will attempt to expedite the final plat. I hope all this will take less than two months. Otherwise, we are ready to start the site improvements.

Remember that construction starts slow and typically means a lot of work then analysis on what is still weird with the site and then more work again. Stop and go. When it starts rolling it will go quick.

Hopefully I will have more on the stages and what is to fill it soon. "

From the Colonialtown blog on the Orlando Sentinel web site:

"As some of you have asked in the comments about what is happening there and some have pointed out that dirt piles have moved. Justin Pelloni, the developer, sent along an update at the end of December. Sorry about taking long to put it up but here it is:

We have a delay relating to the final FDOT approval. The City traffic department has committed to help us with this. This issue needs to be resolved prior to us getting a final plat. So, once we have the FDOT approval we will attempt to expedite the final plat. I hope all this will take less than two months. Otherwise, we are ready to start the site improvements.

Remember that construction starts slow and typically means a lot of work then analysis on what is still weird with the site and then more work again. Stop and go. When it starts rolling it will go quick.

Hopefully I will have more on the stages and what is to fill it soon. "

Thanks for posting what I did yesterday. Sorry I put it in the Master List downtown thread.

• 4 weeks later...

is this thing getting built or what? SODO is like at warp factor 1 already and Mills Park is like the Excelsior sputtering out of space dock.

From today's Sentinel:

There has been recent activity at the site of the planned Mills Park complex in downtown Orlando, but developers are still waiting to start construction. Developer Justin Pelloni said the proposed $350 million mixed-use project is being used to store materials. A final approval of permits is needed before Pelloni Development Corp. can begin construction. Developers expect to start construction next month, Pelloni said. The project slowed down in recent months when developers reconfigured designs for condominiums into apartments.

yea, the Village at lake lilly really just popped up out of no where

I was sure that it was just going to sit as open land for at least another year

great project thought, looks like its going to be massive

also seems like a couple other projects are making some real head way just right down the road from the village on 17-92

that whole area could turn out to be quite something