Mills/50

camstrang

7 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

The lockers are all over the tourist corridors.

But, oddly, not downtown. The closest ones were either at Orange and Kaley or Colonial and Westmoreland (a fun neighborhood) before I switched to target.com (whose delivery is getting ever quicker as amazon’s keeps slowing down for whatever reason).

1 minute ago, spenser1058 said:

But, oddly, not downtown. The closest ones were either at Orange and Kaley or Colonial and Westmoreland (a fun neighborhood) before I switched to target.com (whose delivery is getting ever quicker as amazon’s keeps slowing down for whatever reason).

They moved the Bumby/Curry Ford one into the actual store similar to Kaley/Orange.

• Thanks 1

So, did we know that this....

x711delivers.jpg

...was a thing?

I only heard about it recently.

My question is - what would anyone possibly want to have delivered from 7-Eleven??

A cup of coffee and a couple of donuts? A couple of hot dogs, a bag of chips and a two liter soda?

I'm guessing the biggest demand will be from guys who run out of beer and are too drunk to drive up there to get more. Maybe toss a pack of cigarettes in the bag with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

So, did we know that this....

x711delivers.jpg

...was a thing?

I only heard about it recently.

My question is - what would anyone possibly want to have delivered from 7-Eleven??

A cup of coffee and a couple of donuts? A couple of hot dogs, a bag of chips and a two liter soda?

I'm guessing the biggest demand will be from guys who run out of beer and are too drunk to drive up there to get more. Maybe toss a pack of cigarettes in the bag with it.

And the ever so tasty $5 pizza! Watch out, Papa John!

3 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I haven't been brave enough to try their "pizza" yet.

If I was reeeeeaaaaally hungry and somewhere I couldn't get anything else, I'd probably try one.

Couldn't be that bad.

It was basically similar to one of the cheaper frozen pizzas like Tombstone. If you’re hungry, even bad pizza is pretty good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Ralph Kazarian building (...you know the number) is finally officially sold at Mills and 50. The article notes the investor likes historic buildings in predominantly Vietnamese areas. While that building is old, it’s been so Eisenhowered over the years that it’s not the prize for preservationists but the ones just to the east and south are. Here’s hoping.

https://bungalower.com/2019/02/06/investors-purchase-prominent-corner-in-mills-50s-little-vietnam/

From Bungalower 

Anyone have an idea why I Fix Your i took it down and put the signage down lower?  Is there a sign ordinance that made them do it?  Also, It would be nice for the new owners to spruce the buildings up.  Anthony's in particular looks a little rough.

image.pngimage.png.3cfd14a12a8670e1fcfb3633d4ced961.png

Also doing this research it appears its the same phone number as Ralph Kazarian's Insurance. 

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

And those Harvest Gold and Avocado appliances!

f3b63bad4bca5f910568a78d7a8544d0.jpg

I just saw recently that HGTV purchased and is sponsoring a remodeling of the house that was used in the exterior shots of The Brady Bunch (11222 Dilling St, North Hollywood, Studio City CA.) to look just like it did on TV.  The original cast is involved in the design of the bedrooms etc. In the kitchen... Harvest Gold and Avocado counters and appliances.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...