Mills/50

camstrang

13 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Try Illinois, to  Altaloma, to  west on Marks.   Blinky stop sign at Fern Creek, cross Mills with a light, turn North on Hyer to Weber an Terrace up to Highland Park section of OUT. A bit less traffic, on less left turn light at Highland and more fun with turns/hills on Terrace.  

Hmmm. I'll give it a shot someday soon. I actually don't mind the route I've been doing (aside from the bricks on Lake Highland from Ferncreek to Mills)...but I will check out your Terrace Blvd route soon. Thanks. Cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

The entrepreneur who took on the challenge of bringing Wally’s kicking and screaming into the 21st century is buying a Mills Ave. used car lot and building a restaurant:

https://bungalower.com/2020/08/31/mills-50-car-lot-to-be-replaced-with-new-restaurant/ 

From Bungalower 

They hired the architect that does Domu and Bento and other mostly Asian places.  Smart for the area. Good location, bad timing.

• Like 2

They are the ones who put up that big apartment complex right off I-4 on Clay St. next to the big Baptist church.

alexanwpaerial.png

Given that this company, like most developers, use the same architects for all their projects, giving all their properties a certain signature appearance, if it does happen, it will likely look similar to this....

alexanwpi4.png

Not ugly per se, but unremarkable at best.

23 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The entrepreneur who took on the challenge of bringing Wally’s kicking and screaming into the 21st century is buying a Mills Ave. used car lot and building a restaurant:

https://bungalower.com/2020/08/31/mills-50-car-lot-to-be-replaced-with-new-restaurant/ 

From Bungalower 

I (well my parents) bought my first car one week before they sent me off to college from that lot, I wasn't really fused about driving but they figured that with a car I'd be more likely to visit them. Maybe when I'm old I'll go to this restaurant and tell my grandkids this is where I bought my first car just for the "what the heck are you talking about" reaction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

They are the ones who put up that big apartment complex right off I-4 on Clay St. next to the big Baptist church.

Given that this company, like most developers, use the same architects for all their projects, giving all their properties a certain signature appearance, if it does happen, it will likely look similar to this....

Not ugly per se, but unremarkable at best.

Here's a recent project from the developer in Texas.  Maybe we can push for a better design.  Start writing your letters to the MPB and commissioners.

AlexanGarzaRanch5.jpg

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Here's a recent project from the developer in Texas.  Maybe we can push for a better design.  Start writing your letters to the MPB and commissioners.

AlexanGarzaRanch5.jpg

That's not bad looking with the exterior finish materials they used.

I doubt they'd use them on a project around here, though. 

19 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Red Bull Partners is putting another Mills/50 building in play:

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2020/09/03/red-bell-partners-buys-mills-50-building.html

From OBJ (paywall) 

It's the Lamp/Shade Fair building just off of Virginia.  Article also mentions the old 7 eleven is going to be demoed and rebuilt as different commercial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2020 at 12:21 PM, AndyPok1 said:

It's the Lamp/Shade Fair building just off of Virginia.  Article also mentions the old 7 eleven is going to be demoed and rebuilt as different commercial.

I'm glad to read that the 50+ y/o LSF building won't be demo'd and will instead, house a drinking/dining/retail establishment instead.

It's just the kind of nice little red brick facade building that I like to see preserved.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...