Mills/50

camstrang

Grilled Cheezus has opened in the old Funky Monkey space on Mills. Scott J liked it (although there was a bit of a wait). 

I really want to try the Yo! Adrian, a beefy grilled cheese take, ostensibly on a Philly cheesesteak.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/reviews/51-american/6189-grilled-cheezus

Scott also notes there’s a location at UCF Downtown in the Not-Very-Creative-Village.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Credo’s the replacement for Tropical Smoothie at the Downtown Y but we’ve been wondering if that’s a bit odd for a fitness place.

Wonder no more, Credo’s adding food to their Y offerings. The space is also getting an upgrade to the furnishings.

https://www.scottjosephorlando.com/news/6238-new-downtown-credo-will-offer-expanded-food-program

From Scott J

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 10:01 AM, nite owℓ said:

The old 7-eleven site:

20230208_095034.thumb.jpg.2128794066032f52c0e2e580867be608.jpg

omg, how did I miss this?  I know why...those darn drivers taking my attention from observating as I attempt a leisurely looksee.

On 1/25/2023 at 11:41 PM, nite owℓ said:

too bad about Sanctum; spent some $$$ in there.  would be cool to eat there with it's new massive neighbor adjacent.  At least the smoke shop is still there...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doubt it.  That would have to be a push from the City to put the pressure on FDOT.  Since the poles aren't on the corner that's being redeveloped, that probably never was on their radar.

FDOT won't put mast arms in unless they're a certain distance from the coast unless a municipality pays the difference.

• Like 3

On 3/22/2023 at 12:44 PM, codypet said:

Doubt it.  That would have to be a push from the City to put the pressure on FDOT.  Since the poles aren't on the corner that's being redeveloped, that probably never was on their radar.

FDOT won't put mast arms in unless they're a certain distance from the coast unless a municipality pays the difference.

That isn't the policy, is it? I kind of doubt Orange County paid to upgrade the poles on, say, E Colonial down by UCF when it was expanded a few years back, but not on intersections downtown? Also, almost every reasonably modern traffic light leading to a state highway seems to get mast arm. That era of installing new concrete poles total per insection and running it diagonally across was so awful, not just as far as ugliness, but functionally as well, they're frequently dangerous and hard to see.

• Like 1