Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

North America at Night

15 posts in this topic

Awesome picture!

Minneapolis looks unusually large though. It looks a lot larger than Atlanta, but that doesn't make sense considering how much Atlanta sprawls. You can really see how much more dense the East than the West.

Here's another good one. Don't ask me what happened to Kansas City and Norfolk though.

Earth%20Lights%20(2).gif

Great pics! I always find pics like these fascinating, but I don't know why.

The blue is very pretty. But it is hard to make out the western (mountain) cities against the grey colour used for the higher elevations.

Very nice pictures. There is not a one for one correlation between these images and population, but they're fun and indicate population.

I saw a newer version of this somewhere not too long ago, but I can't seem to find it now :(. I'll post it if I can find it again.

Most people have probably seen these since I think they were posted at SSP, but in case you haven't, here you go. I don't know when they were created though. Sorry for the large file size.

earthlights.jpg

earthlights3.jpeg

Thanks. Those are much newer...they show how the Flint & Detroit metros have sprawled together into one giant mess :(.

the large one really stresses how the majority of canada's population is within x km from the US border