Two New Interstate Highway's For Louisiana?

NCB

Getting I-49 done should be a major priority. Has any of our federal money been earmarked for I-49 yet?

Yep. The neccesary funds have been set aside for completing both I-49 North and I-49 South.

Construction has already started on I-49 North from Shreveport to the Arkansas border, and I've heard that construction on I-49 South should start in the next couple of months as well. :thumbsup:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. The neccesary funds have been set aside for completing both I-49 North and I-49 South.

Construction has already started on I-49 North from Shreveport to the Arkansas border, and I've heard that construction on I-49 South should start in the next couple of months as well. :thumbsup:

I was specifically talking about the post-Katrina money. I remember in the middle of last year when we got a lot of money for I-49, but I seem to remember it being enough to complete I-49 north, but not the southern leg. If in fact work is going to begin on I-49 South in a couple of months, that is great. I'm sure New Orleans will get money to upgrade, and around half of the highway between Lafayette and New Orleans is already interstate.

Who wants to bet Lafayette is the last part completed.

I was specifically talking about the post-Katrina money. I remember in the middle of last year when we got a lot of money for I-49, but I seem to remember it being enough to complete I-49 north, but not the southern leg. If in fact work is going to begin on I-49 South in a couple of months, that is great. I'm sure New Orleans will get money to upgrade, and around half of the highway between Lafayette and New Orleans is already interstate.

Who wants to bet Lafayette is the last part completed.

Yes, the post-Katrina money has also been set aside to both I-49 projects. :thumbsup:

And I wouldn't doubt that Lafayette will have the last part completed. From the plans I have seen, construction is most likely going to start in New Orleans ans work itself west to Lafayette.

Nice work ! Thanks NCB.

The proposed I-410 for BR would be a nice start,but would need to continue south ACROSS I-12 (E of BR) near Walker;and tie-in to I-10 in Ascension Parish.......as it stands,the I-410 proposed route on the map would not do anything for I-10 traffic in BR.Studies have shown that .

Unless I-49 ever get's done from Lafayette to NO; NO will still have problems going Texas/West bec. of horrible I-10 traffic thru BR.

*** I would HOPE that these Road-Projects would SPEED-UP ,Hurricane season's to come may not be so nice either !

>>> They could continue the Entire-loop;Maybe up-grading the Sunshine Bridge in Donaldsonville ,and hook-it back-up to Hwy415 in WBR !

That would divert alot of the mad rush in BR when evacuations happen !

Nice work ! Thanks NCB.

The proposed I-410 for BR would be a nice start,but would need to continue south ACROSS I-12 (E of BR) near Walker;and tie-in to I-10 in Ascension Parish.......as it stands,the I-410 proposed route on the map would not do anything for I-10 traffic in BR.Studies have shown that .

Unless I-49 ever get's done from Lafayette to NO; NO will still have problems going Texas/West bec. of horrible I-10 traffic thru BR.

*** I would HOPE that these Road-Projects would SPEED-UP ,Hurricane season's to come may not be so nice either!

>>> They could continue the Entire-loop;Maybe up-grading the Sunshine Bridge in Donaldsonville ,and hook-it back-up to Hwy415 in WBR !

That would divert alot of the mad rush in BR when evacuations happen !

No problem, richyb!

Thats an interesting point about I-410 needing to continue on south over I-12 and into Ascention Parish. Have you heard of any possible plans for this?

• 1 month later...

I live in the suburban Bossier town of Haughton, and I-69's most preferred route would skirt Haughton just to the east. I'm all for it, as this would give me a alternate route to my south Shreveport office. As it stands, my commute takes me about 30-40 minutes on a good day. I-69 could possibly cut that to 25 minutes.

Of course that's an ongoing process... but I sure wish they'd hurry.

I'm just hoping everything goes through as planned and gets finalized. Shreveport becoming a hub city for I-69 would only further its importance in the Ark-La-Tex area and could really help it gain importance to the country. in some ways.

Archived