Wait just one minute!

Tayfromcarolina

I just got word from a friend of mine that Copeland's in Cary is gone. I loved that resturant. And in it's place they are building GASP, a Red Robin. :huh: Please, soembody tell me Copelands is just relocating, they were always packed when I was there.

Red Robin is good and what not but why can't we have both Copeland's and Red Robin in that area. The location if you are unaware is on Walnut Street Beside Jack Astors in the same center with Kohl's. Currently the only Red Robin Triangle location is at Brier Creek, they specialize in Burgers and some great mixed drinks. The atmosphere I must admit is very unique and upbeat.

Now the only Copeland's in the State are in Charlotte and Winston-Salem. :(

Red Robin

Copeland's

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the comments on Copelands. I went there once and didn't really care for it. For the money, I can think of many other restaurants in the area. I prefer local restaurants much more like Bloomsbury, the Rockford, etc. The experience to me is usually worth $5-$10 extra bucks a plate for me and my wife.

We've gotten a LOT of comments on this one at Raleighing.com. For the most part, people wanted to like it but the sanitation grade thing really got to a lot of people. Copeland's chain is pretty much considered the Bennigan's of cajun food....but it's about all we had. While I'll miss some fantastic dishes I got there (like the grilled pork chops - out of this world), I don't think that Copeland's was going to fare to well against the 4 new downtown places which will have tons of personality.

Is it me or does anyone else thing that it is repulsively ironic that while thousands of homes and lives were ruined by Katrina, the main NEW ORLEANS restaurant's building, a perfectly good one, gets tossed into the dumpster.

I'm not one to get too excited about "green" construction, but demolishing buildings that are less that 5 years old seems just slothfully wasteful.

One last thing: if sanitation grades are a big deal to you, as they are me, you'll like my rundown of earned "B" grades in the last 3 months. Bottom line is that there are too many people in restaurants who don't care if you spend the day counting tiles. I'm glad they've put the hammer down lately.

One last thing: if sanitation grades are a big deal to you, as they are me, you'll like my rundown of earned "B" grades in the last 3 months. Bottom line is that there are too many people is restaurants who don't care if you spend the day counting tiles. I'm glad they've put the hammer down lately.

Wow, I've eaten at like 5 or 6 of those places in the last 3 months! Scary stuff...and I was suprised about many of them - Big Eds, Glenwood Grill, and Fresh Market just to name a few.

We've gotten a LOT of comments on this one at Raleighing.com. For the most part, people wanted to like it but the sanitation grade thing really got to a lot of people. Copeland's chain is pretty much considered the Bennigan's of cajun food....but it's about all we had. While I'll miss some fantastic dishes I got there (like the grilled pork chops - out of this world), I don't think that Copeland's was going to fare to well against the 4 new downtown places which will have tons of personality.

Is it me or does anyone else thing that it is repulsively ironic that while thousands of homes and lives were ruined by Katrina, the main NEW ORLEANS restaurant's building, a perfectly good one, gets tossed into the dumpster.

I'm not one to get too excited about "green" construction, but demolishing buildings that are less that 5 years old seems just slothfully wasteful.

One last thing: if sanitation grades are a big deal to you, as they are me, you'll like my rundown of earned "B" grades in the last 3 months. Bottom line is that there are too many people is restaurants who don't care if you spend the day counting tiles. I'm glad they've put the hammer down lately.

Thanks for the link, Dana.

If people aren't aware of it, a restaurant has to be really gnarly to get less than a 90 sanitation score. I know a sanitarian or two who do inspections, and believe me, getting less than an A grade is pretty tough unless there are some really egregious nasty things going on. :sick:

Don't even think about going somewhere below 80!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived