Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Christmas Shopping

A little montage of stores in East Hills from this morning. Get out and do some shopping at these places:

045DB230634A11DA9A160BF218F73B1D.jpg

06944140634A11DA88DC2D4718F73B1D.jpg

B3937590635011DAAB53DC7F18F73B1D.jpg

0B7E0970634A11DA93AAE53B18F73B1D.jpg

DCFD1D00635011DAAD75C1E618F73B1D.jpg

0F3E1EB0634A11DAA15E746218F73B1D.jpg

1204DFD0634A11DAB76A3EE018F73B1D.jpg

14F214B0634A11DA99900D6918F73B1D.jpg

I also saw an article regarding Bird Design in East Hills. Quite a cool space he has :thumbsup:

Some more from Gaslight Village (Wealthy Street now open):

New drinking fountains with a backdrop of the new brick sidewalks and inlaid brick in the street:

3114DD50635211DA9C8B941618F73B1D.jpg

Streetscape with the new decorative gaslamps, trashcans, streetlights, and bike racks:

5C85ED80635211DA80601AB218F73B1D.jpg

D**n it was cold out this morning :blink:

One of my favorite local stores is Art of the Table on Wealthy by Heritage Hill. They have a walk-in beer cooler leftover from about the 40s which is really cool, plus a great wine selection. I couldn't find an exterior shot, although they have a gallery of the interior. (Won't let me hotlink though).

1204DFD0634A11DAB76A3EE018F73B1D.jpg

Does anyone know the history of this building? (the three/four story brick structure flanked by white storefronts.) I have seen pictures of it in other threads and found it very interesting.

I believe it used to be a hotel/brothel type place along the old trolley line from downtown out to Reeds Lake. People used to stop in for a little fun on the way to amusement park. I'm hoping maybe Triple G (GRGridGirl) will stop by with some more history. I'll see what else I can dig up. ;)

I have old pictures of the trolly line greatgrandpa and grandma took on the ride to reeds lake. That was the place to be in GR, I remember the stories passed down generation after generation about what it was like, cool as hell.

Let me help you out there Sista.

69459166_c7f9fe51c7.jpg

There's nothing like walking into a nice warm little shoppy (that's what my wife calls them) after being out in the cold. And usually they have hot coffee or hot cocoa waiting for you. :D Usually much friendlier than Pottery Barn too.

There's nothing like walking into a nice warm little shoppy (that's what my wife calls them) after being out in the cold. And usually they have hot coffee or hot cocoa waiting for you. :D Usually much friendlier than Pottery Barn too.

Well, I'm going for the wine, sangria, champagne, and hot toddy's.... That will keep you warm!

BTW, East Hills will have carriage rides down Cherry/Diamond and East Fulton will have the GR Trolley down Fulton.

"Dashing through the snow

In a one horse open sleigh

O'er the hills we go

Laughing all the way

Bells on bob tails ring

Making spirits bright

What fun it is to ride and sing

A sleighing song tonight"

Oh.........

Well, I'm going for the wine, sangria, champagne, and hot toddy's.... That will keep you warm!

BTW, East Hills will have carriage rides down Cherry/Diamond and East Fulton will have the GR Trolley down Fulton.

"Dashing through the snow

In a one horse open sleigh

O'er the hills we go

Laughing all the way

Bells on bob tails ring

Making spirits bright

What fun it is to ride and sing

A sleighing song tonight"

Oh.........

tomato.gifleek.gifapple.gifcarrot.gif

The wine and sangria sound good. And twoshort's got me thinking about food drool.gif