Daytona Beach: Ocean Center Expansion

asonj23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONVENTION CENTER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

convention.jpg

Additional exhibit space for the Ocean Center would fill vacant land west

of the facility, above left, and more meeting rooms would be added along

the south side, bottom. (Artist Rendering)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is impressive. they finished constructing the parking lot to the south and west of the area. I guess now they can start with the expansion.

I like this design 50 times better than that initial tent bullcrap they were pitching 5 years ago. It looks like they are constructing a new concourse which connects the new and existing building together on the south side of the building. it does indeed look very expandable.

Impressive. With this, the News Journal Center, and DAB (empty, but a nice terminal), and all the construction, and DB will transform into a different city over the next 5-10 years.

The city has changed a bunch since I moved to Jax in 98. What's funny is that it was prety much dormant until I left. Afterwards the waterpark was built, Bel-Aire Plaza was rebuilt, the Voyager renovated, Ocean Walk was built, Adam's Mark expansion, parking garage at the beach, new condos, etc. Its almost like they were waiting on me to leave.

Archived