Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

theSuburbs

Grand Rapids featured in Music Video

I saw this video on MTV, and I thought the buildings looked familiar...

System of a Down - Hypnotize

(I dont like the song, but whatever...)

Linky no worky :( Is it the Motley Crew video they shot at the Van Andel Arena? I know some people who were there (and they said it sucked).

I saw this video on MTV, and I thought the buildings looked familiar...

System of a Down - Hypnotize

(I dont like the song, but whatever...)

Whoa, cool! Thats definitely GR! I like SOAD, minus the politics. Must be footage from a show at Van Andel..

Linky worky for me! For those couldnt give a crap about the song, the GR footage is at the very beginning and very end.

The song isn't bad. I don't like the higher pitched guy though :blink:

I listen to GRD quite a bit Andy, but they don't play these guys much, do they? I like Chevelle and Creed, myself ;)

Expect GR to be the stage of some music videos. My girlfriend is a music video director and I'm leaning her to filming in GR... shes buying it, SHE LOVES MY FREAKING CITY! :yahoo:

Edit: What is this Armenian/Turkey thing?

The band is armenian, and a while back the Turks killed thousands of Armenians (ethnic cleansing, if you will) and Turkey now says it never happened. As for the Congress, there was a resolution to officially have the US "recognize" that the genocide occurred, but it was defeated. I don't know why.

When the VAA was built it was built first for music and second for sports (hence the size and shape). Performers seem to really like this aspect as seen in many major acts coming here multiple times as well as the numerous tours that have launched here.

I suspect that this had something to do with the choice.

Was the concert footage from Van Andel too. It's hard to tell if that's Van Andel or not? It's cool the video features GR. It's the second video in the last couple years that features GR. The first being Staind's So Far Away at the Orbit Room.

Was the concert footage from Van Andel too. It's hard to tell if that's Van Andel or not? It's cool the video features GR. It's the second video in the last couple years that features GR. The first being Staind's So Far Away at the Orbit Room.

Oh yeah! Check it out:

VIDEO

MTV News Article

Wouldn't it then be the third? Wasn't Motley Crew's entire new DVD filmed at the Van Andel Arena earlier this year?

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:G2z037...del+arena&hl=en