CSX Railroad Relocation

GSP Tiger

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greer has been working on this for 7 years now. And the quickest a relocation has ever been done in is 14 years. I am told by Partnership for Tomorrow that Greer is further along than anybody has been 7 years in to the planning.

Also, most impressive part is that Norfolk Southern and CSX have both agreed to the relocation already.

Are these permanent road closings or temporary?

It is proposed some crossings along the Norfolk Southern line may be closed including Trade and School treets in Greer and Edwards Street in Taylors. The numbers may not show the need to keep them, but they are highly convenient to provide efficient access to their major areas. I doubt we will know the final resolution for some time to come.

There are both an Edwards Rd and an Edwards St in Taylors. I doubt Edwards Rd would close as it is a well travelled corridor connecting Haywood Rd to Wade Hampton Blvd. It is Edwards St, the road west of Taylors Rd westward in front of Taylors First Baptist, they are mentioning has the possibility to close. As Taylors Rd is well travelled, Edwards St's crossing should remain open to alleviate traffic at the other crossing and provide access for emergency vehicles.

As for Edwards Rd, the final phase remains to add a turn lane from East Lee to Wade Hampton while improving the existing crossings at both CSX and NS lines.

Archived