Jump to content

GSP Tiger

Poinsett Highway

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

There is  a Pete Hollis thread that this shoud probably be under instead. Is this the Cline site North of Buncombe St (supposedly a hotel, but not confirmed) or South (senior housing) 

Whoops...you’re right. :lol: Wrong thread. And it’s the senior housing site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


https://www.greenvillecounty.org/Council/_Agenda/Meetings of 2020/Zoning PH/2020.03.16/agenda.htm

CZ-2020-21 
John Darrohn, Darrohn Engineering, LLC and 
Fred Rosen, Rose Water Investments, LLC for RFJ, LLC, 
Bell Industrial Park, LLC, Rose Water Investments, LLC and Jack Foster
[email protected] 864-603-1988
Henry Street and McKoy Street
0152001000200, 0152001100300, 0152001100400, 0152001100500 
and 0152000901100
I-1, Industrial
FRD, Flexible Review District
4.46

Probably the project Vicupstate posted about if I had to guess. 

Edited by gman430

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lot next to Mosby Poinsett Apartments across from Publix at University has been graded. This is the lot where Lidl was supposed to locate. Assuming  they still own it construction is about to start.

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, vistatiger said:

The lot next to Mosby Poinsett Apartments across from Publix at University has been graded. This is the lot where Lidl was supposed to locate. Assuming  they still own it construction is about to start.

I believe Lidl owns the lot between Poinsett and the new cut-thru road. Would love to know what is going on the graded site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vicupstate said:

I believe Lidl owns the lot between Poinsett and the new cut-thru road. Would love to know what is going on the graded site.

From the plan I remember posted on one of these boards I thought Lidl owns that back lot  to the right that was just graded. Could be wrong but thought that was where a grocery was always planned on earlier diagrams. Guess we will see and wait for a sign.

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, vistatiger said:

The lot next to Mosby Poinsett Apartments across from Publix at University has been graded. This is the lot where Lidl was supposed to locate. Assuming  they still own it construction is about to start.

 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:21 AM, vicupstate said:

I believe Lidl owns the lot between Poinsett and the new cut-thru road. Would love to know what is going on the graded site.

 

On 4/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, vistatiger said:

From the plan I remember posted on one of these boards I thought Lidl owns that back lot  to the right that was just graded. Could be wrong but thought that was where a grocery was always planned on earlier diagrams. Guess we will see and wait for a sign.

Lidl US Operations LLC owns the 3.99-acre tract at 340 Galloway Drive, Greenville, South Carolina 29609-0979, the northeast quadrant of Galloway Drive and Poinsett Highway. 

When limited discount/assortment grocer Lidl chooses to construct and open a store at this location remains to be known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

340 Galloway Dr

The listing is for the land currently owned by Lidl US Operations LLC. So I can only assume they have abandoned plans to build there. 

That doesn't answer the question of what IS going across from this site on the other side of Galloway Dr.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Spinx gas station is what I thought. I might be wrong though.

Sphinx is opposite of this parcel, between the large one being graded currently and Poinsett Hwy.  The Sphinx (Enigma) parcel is 1.95 acres.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vicupstate said:

Sphinx is opposite of this parcel, between the large one being graded currently and Poinsett Hwy.  The Sphinx (Enigma) parcel is 1.95 acres.    

Here is a master plan from 2015. Site to the right Enigma. The parcel at the back right shows a proposed grocery. I thought this is the one Lidl purchased.  Isn't this the one that was just freshly graded?

2015-Poinsett_master_(dragged)_copy.jpg

 

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parcels 1, 4-6 have just been graded.  Lidl owns Parcel 2 but it is 4 acres, not the 2.42 acres listed, so that line was moved apparently.  Greenville Federal Credit Union owns the now smaller Parcel 3.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vicupstate said:

Parcels 1, 4-6 have just been graded.  Lidl owns Parcel 2 but it is 4 acres, not the 2.42 acres listed, so that line was moved apparently.  Greenville Federal Credit Union owns the now smaller Parcel 3.  

Didn't realize all of 4-6  have been graded now. Haven't been by since last week.  Makes you wonder if  they are planning another phase of apartments. Would be nice to get more convenient retail for people living  in that area

At one time  I recall a site plan that was posted on one of these boards back before the recession of 2008 that looked like a big box power center similar to North Hamton Market (Target shopping center) in Greer.   Of course the apartments have taken up a chunk of the property since.

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That larger site behind Lidl is going to be Townhomes.  Lidl decided not to build on their site as they realized it would cannibalize their Wade Hampton store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, btoy said:

That larger site behind Lidl is going to be Townhomes.  Lidl decided not to build on their site as they realized it would cannibalize their Wade Hampton store.

That WH store is not THAT close. I live close to the site they are selling, but I am not driving  all the way to WH to shop at that store.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, btoy said:

That's your opinion.  I was told that directly by their Real Estate Director.

I'm not doubting you, and I appreciate the info.  I'm just disappointed because I was looking forward to being able to shop there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, vicupstate said:

That WH store is not THAT close. I live close to the site they are selling, but I am not driving  all the way to WH to shop at that store.

 

Agree. For those  living in that vicinity including myself It would have been nice to have more shopping in the area to reduce trips to places like Greer, and Woodruff Rd.  A store with  a large assortment of general type merchandise  like a Target  or even Lidl would have been great. Just what we need is more apartments and townhomes. Actually was hoping that site would eventually become a nice shopping center to serve the northern greenville county area.  Should have known  it would just become another piecemeal development when all the trees were knocked down and the property was subdivided -Everything built in it at different times and  looking different aesthetically. 

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, vicupstate said:

I'm not doubting you, and I appreciate the info.  I'm just disappointed because I was looking forward to being able to shop there. 

 

When I last met with them they still wanted to do a store, they just wanted to be further North.  Not sure what their plans would be these days, its been close to a year and their RE department has changed since then.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, btoy said:

When I last met with them they still wanted to do a store, they just wanted to be further North.  Not sure what their plans would be these days, its been close to a year and their RE department has changed since then.

 

Good to know. further North would pretty much mean TR because the Furman campus has the land immediately north. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vistatiger said:

Wendy's and Ruby Tuesday both closed at Cherrydale. Signs removed.

RT has been closed a couple of months, didnt know about Wendys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apaladin said:

RT has been closed a couple of months, didnt know about Wendys. 

Wendy's is surprising. Don't think I have ever seen one close. I was told last year it would be remodeled after the Berea remodel and new TR Wendy's.  Don't think they would have removed the sign if it was being remodeled.   Would be nice to get something different on that side of town in both . Chili's would probably do well.  Cherrydale is a vibrant center. I'm sure both will be replaced quickly by other chains.

CFA could also use that Wendy's property next door also for a total redo the way they did  Laurens Rd. They need more parking and longer drive thru lanes. It's a mess getting in and out sometimes at the Cherrydale CFA.

Edited by vistatiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the Wendy's at Pelhan and Parkway closed a few years ago, of course they are back on Pelham now. Speaking of Pelham, it looks the CFA remodel is about done and they should be open soon with their new double drive thru. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, apaladin said:

Remember the Wendy's at Pelhan and Parkway closed a few years ago, of course they are back on Pelham now. Speaking of Pelham, it looks the CFA remodel is about done and they should be open soon with their new double drive thru. 

The Chickfila remodel is complete on Pelham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.