One Beale

mandrws1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Sears building proposal, the only thing remaining to put back to life is the Sterrick Building. Too bad they didn't snare some HUD money for that.

I'm actually working on another degree and I did a project on the Sterick building. Too bad its on the National Historic Registry because it may as well be razed. The building is in terrible condition and whoever takes on the responsibility of breathing life back into it is going to spend a pretty penny! Here's some info that I received from the CCC...

https://postoffice.memphis.edu/attach/Steri...Information.doc

i dont think this compares to one liberty place. its nice but not.. one liberty place haha. i dont think this one building is tall enough to define our skyline like that tower did.

I KNOW. I was referring to our need for a definitive tower from this era that BNA was referring to. This isn't it. I KNOW. I don't know where someone got that I said this haha was haha our haha version haha of ... one liberty place, lol . . .

I don't know, the prism seems a little weird on that building. Doesn't seem to fit. I don't know, maybe it will look better on a physical model, or in real life.

The prism reminds me somewhat of the Foster design for the NYC WTC site.

I excited about the prospect of adding this building to the skyline, although I'm not totally sold on the design. A little too much Florida Beachfront for my liking. I prefer the design of the Horizon and Vue towers better, with the balconies set back into the main structure. It would not surprise me the Design Review Board doesn't request some changes.

It's a department of the United States government--the Office of Housing and Urban Development. The Vue, which is apartments, not condos--will have a number of affordable apartments in the $500--$750 range. So my guess, the developer snared some low-interest money or an outright grant from HUD.

With all the old apartment buildings down there going condo--the Claridge, many SouthMain lofts, 10 Main St., etc. I think it's a good idea. The only remaining apt. buildings I can think of are the Gayoso House, Echelon, and 99 Main.

With the Sears building proposal, the only thing remaining to put back to life is the Sterrick Building. Too bad they didn't snare some HUD money for that.

When did 10 Main St. go condo? Where did you find this information?

Hey, just playing around on the internet, I found the website below:

www.onebeale.com

It apparently is still in the works, but there's a great intro video at the beginning. Be sure to check it out!

jeez when did they put that up. i must have been googling for 10 minutes a couple of days ago and found no official site.

We need a pic of it in the skyline for comparison and scale. Anybody up for the challenge??? LOL!!!

I wouldn't know how to do it, but here are two very nicely done renderings of the 28 story Vue photoshopped into downtown. Be patient, takes a few seconds to load:

http://www.thevueonmain.com/index_files/page0001.html

http://www.thevueonmain.com/index_files/page0002.html

Damn, that view of Autozone park totally changes my opinion of a downtown park for the Sounds. That totally works. It's self-contained, smallish and just fits beautifully in the grid structure. If we could do that here i'd be all for it. The Vue looks great, too.

Actually, the shape is really similar to the Viridian.

Damn, that view of Autozone park totally changes my opinion of a downtown park for the Sounds. That totally works. It's self-contained, smallish and just fits beautifully in the grid structure. If we could do that here i'd be all for it. The Vue looks great, too.

Actually, the shape is really similar to the Viridian.

I thought the Sounds ballpark downtown was a great idea, and to hold back in the hope that Nashville would get a MLB team wasn't realistic imho. Maybe perhaps 20 or so years from now, but that's pie in the sky. AAA ball has shown a remarkable resurgence over the past 5 or so years. Attendance can approach 1 million which is probably more than the Predators and Titans combined. That's a lot of people to bring downtown, and it might even be better that they come in crowds of 13,000 3 times a week. Sacramento and Memphis have both outdrawn some MLB teams, and this brings families from the burbs to downtown who might not otherwise come. There's no reason Nashville couldn't do the same.

Here's some pics of AutoZone Park in Memphis and the Echelon Apartments built around it:

44495294.jpg

44497284.jpg

44495099.jpg

Echelon Apartments

44495777.jpg

44495399.jpg

44495252.jpg

Memphis has IMO the finest minor league ballbalk in America in AutoZone park. It is truly awesome, and it must be just great to go to games there. I just can't understand, for the life of me, why anyone would not want something like that for Nashville. If Nashville can draw over 400,000 fans a year to that decrepit Greer stadium in its horrible location, I think they can draw 1,000,000 fans a year to a beautiful, brand spanking new ballpark downtown located right next to the bustling 2nd Avenue and Broadway entertainment district.

Memphis Redbirds games in AutoZone Park are a blast Hankster. Very affordable and you see some great baseball played there. The fans really are supportive in Memphis which makes the experience great.

My sentiments exactly. Minor league baseball, especially if played in a superior setting like you have in Memphis, is one of the truly great entertainment values in America. It's a wonderful place for both family and adult fun.

Hey, just playing around on the internet, I found the website below:

www.onebeale.com

It apparently is still in the works, but there's a great intro video at the beginning. Be sure to check it out!

After watching this video, I like the design better. You can get a better idea of the architectural details from the close-ups. Looks like they do some nice things with glass and screens...it's not all balconies.

For a sense of scale, the animation includes the Waterford Place condo, located across Beale. You can really get a sense of how large this building will be.

We need a pic of it in the skyline for comparison and scale. Anybody up for the challenge??? LOL!!!

Well here's what 5 minutes in photoshop can do...kinda sloppy with the distorted vanishing points, but at least it gives you an idea of how it will fit in. At 27 stories and at the top of a bluff, one beale will definitely have an impact. I think the big glass prism thing could look pretty cool especially when you're up against the river.

onebealecopy.jpg

Archived