'The Vue' design released

vicupstate

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think guys of the possibility of adding more floors to let's say perhaps making it be 47 floors or so for the Vue? I think it would fit nicely since the Strand is 27, Peninsula is 37, and to make the Vue 47... it would keep the flow smoothly or transition of floors increasing by 10 for each project... I just don't think 40 floors is tall enough... What do you guys think?

I'm liking it...looks like the strand will be around 300-310 ft, the peninsula will be 400-410 ft, and the vue a good 450-470 ft from the rendering of all three. if the vue is that big and is going to have only i think 190 condos? then these condos are going to be pretty big and probably pretty expensive, moreso than the peninsula.

It's too bad though that San Marco Place's northern views might be obstructed by such three towers only leaving their western, eastern, & southern views...

I'm sure the developers of San Marco Place, were well aware of the St. Johns Center and Riverwalk projects to the north. In fact, they've been selling potential buyers on the views to the south.

Even then, San Marco Place is set-back far enough that the northern views could still be decent. You'll have the Strand, a slice of river, the Peninsula and the Vu, then another slice of river (including the hart bridge) and then maybe a San Marco Riverwalk tower to the far-right.

It certainly won't be any worse than the "parking lot" views of many suburban apartments ;)

Speaking of the river...

With all of this development on the Southbank, will pedistrians (defined as non-residents of these new properties) have access to the river on the Southbank? I remember way back in 1986, going to Seminole Booster meetings in the Southbank area. Despite the lack of development, being on the riverwalk was cool, and afforded an outstanding view of the Northbank.

All the developments and skyscrapers are nice. But I'd hate to see Jacksonville residents walled off from the river.

At first I was a bit bummed that these towers were all being built against the river, potentially blocking views but then I realized that it will force inland towers to be taller to offer views. When I look at it that way its not all bad.

Archived