Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newnan

Snow in Metro Atlanta!

For those of you who love wintry weather, you'll be glad to hear this. According to Weather.com Snow is in the forecast for several days this week in the Atlanta area. Right now it's nothing big- just a few snow showers and somw wintry mix, but it's a start. This really excites me since I LOVE snow but never get to see it, and I just hope and pray that we'll see at least some snow this week and even more and the winter continues. All you snow lovers, keep your fingers crossed!

Ugh. I hate snow.

Get ready for some terrible wrecks & traffic is all I have to say.

Oh, and another thing....IT ISN'T NECESSARY TO CLOG THR GROCERY STORES FOR MILK! IF YOU LOSE POWER FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME, YOUR MILK WILL STILL GO BAD!!!!

Oh, and another thing....IT ISN'T NECESSARY TO CLOG THR GROCERY STORES FOR MILK! IF YOU LOSE POWER FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME, YOUR MILK WILL STILL GO BAD!!!!

Too true.

I wouldn't mind seeing a little snow in Metro Atlanta. Blizzard quality snow? Of course not, but a little snow (that isn't that mushy wet stuff) isn't too bad.

Ugh. I hate snow.

Get ready for some terrible wrecks & traffic is all I have to say.

Quick question, how do you lose power from snow? I've never heard of that.

It is not the snow you have to worry about, its the wintery mix. Ice becomes a factor then and that causes the power outages as it accumulates on power lines.

Quick question, how do you lose power from snow? I've never heard of that.

It is not the snow you have to worry about, its the wintery mix. Ice becomes a factor then and that causes the power outages as it accumulates on power lines.

In reference to the powerlines.....

Power is lost due to two reason.

1) Powerlines in Atlanta and many of it's suburbs are not buried.

2) The powerlines go down less because of the snow and ice and moreso because of the tall trees that are all over the metro area. Remember that Atlanta is know as the city of trees. There are trees everywhere.

Alot of the newer, lower priced developments now cut down many of the trees but where my parents built 10 years ago, there were still tons of trees and instead of clearcutting the trees in the area, the developer cut just enough to build the house and left alot of the trees intact.....while this makes for a beautiful landscape, they do experience more than their fair share of power outages. This also can occur however during the summer when there is intense rain and wind.

Now to the snow threat..........from the weather reports I have seen, I would not put much emphasis on this happening and I live pretty far north of the city and using weather.com and my zipcode, all I got back was the possibility of a mixture on Thursday and Friday. Nothing to write home about.