An Evening at Rosa Parks Circle Downtown

GRDadof3

As I mentioned to Andy last night, quite a crowd downtown last night. The only metered spot I could find open was near Fountain Street Church, but still not a bad night for a walk.

Mind you, these are with NO TRIPOD using a long exposure (very difficult to do), so be nice :)

69705050_d93c85f6cc.jpg

69705052_bec4889557.jpg

54685830641B11DA9266AAA218F73B1D.jpg:shades:

I wish this one would have come out better. It looked really cool with the orange uplighting on Plaza Towers and the steam. Need a new camera.

57AD7110641B11DA8D740D0D18F73B1D.jpg

69705053_53004f0a09.jpg

69705055_d0047baedc.jpg

69705056_2132af8f7b.jpg

69705057_303bde379f.jpg

5A2AA610641B11DAAFE1430018F73B1D.jpg

5C68FD50641B11DA93D5DF0418F73B1D.jpg

Enjoy! I posted a few on the flickr group, so they should be on the UP homepage slideshow for awhile. :thumbsup:

If anyone else posted any, feel free to post them here.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really like the picture of the horse and carraige. ive been thinking about bringing my girlfriend on a carraige ride downtown on christmas eve. does anyone know how much it would cost, and if there is a web site?

I did find a website (amazing): http://www.grandcarriages.com/

You could give them a call and see.

Great pics, GRDad, glad to see that it still is an attraction for people, even if it is a limited time only.

You would think that with all the concerts held there during the summer, and Festival in the spring, that retailers would be climbing over each other to put up a store on Monroe Center. The city is doing its part by promoting events to bring people down there, it is up to the conservative business owners to take a chance and open up some more shops.

Great pics, GRDad, glad to see that it still is an attraction for people, even if it is a limited time only.

You would think that with all the concerts held there during the summer, and Festival in the spring, that retailers would be climbing over each other to put up a store on Monroe Center. The city is doing its part by promoting events to bring people down there, it is up to the conservative business owners to take a chance and open up some more shops.

Actually Prankster, there really aren't that many spots open around Rosa Parks Circle, Monroe Center or Ottawa. The National City building's ground floor is full, Ledyard is full (except one of the jewelers is moving), ground floor McKay Tower is full (I believe). This is all I get when I do a search (15 listings):

http://public.carwm.com/public/carlease.mac/List

edit: that doesn't work. Go HERE and pick property type "retail" and street "monroe center". ;)

Actually Prankster, there really aren't that many spots open around Rosa Parks Circle, Monroe Center or Ottawa. The National City building's ground floor is full, Ledyard is full (except one of the jewelers is moving), ground floor McKay Tower is full (I believe). This is all I get when I do a search (15 listings):

http://public.carwm.com/public/carlease.mac/List

edit: that doesn't work. Go HERE and pick property type "retail" and street "monroe center". ;)

I'm talking about the 4 or 5 spaces still empty along Monroe Center, plus there are several still empty along Ionia south of Fulton.

Archived