Pictures of Johnson

Okay most of the pics are of James at the Mill, but I did take a few others so I called the topic Pictures of Johnson instead. I'll start off with quite a few pics of James at the Mill.

img50873fo.jpg

img50911mb.jpg

img50942er.jpg

img50979tq.jpg

img50983zx.jpg

img51025ix.jpg

img51494bl.jpg

img51032ta.jpg

img51049ck.jpg

img51068ep.jpg

img51080dn.jpg

img51094ew.jpg

img51577ou.jpg

img51101gs.jpg

img51116ve.jpg

More pics of James at the Mill.

img51129mf.jpg

img51136xr.jpg

img51153xu.jpg

img51160rw.jpg

img51147dg.jpg

img51185jd.jpg

img51203vi.jpg

img51214am.jpg

img51223na.jpg

img51320fk.jpg

img51367nk.jpg

img51372de.jpg

img51381no.jpg

img51462nm.jpg

Some non James at the Mills pics to come shortly.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice, Mith!

The Johnson House area looks beautiful!

Thanks NCB. It used to be an old mill. Then James Lambeth redesigned it as an inn and restaurant. The restuarant has gotten a lot of acclaim for it's 'Ozark Plateau' cuisine. I mentioned this in another topic but it's getting fixed up a bit. They'll touch it up and they're also adding 12 new suites and a spa to it also.

What camera do you use? I am in the market for a nice one and was curious. Thanks

I have been talking to Bedford Camera in Fay about a Nikon D50.

I'll have to look that one up. From what I've heard personally I'd probably suggest a Nikon or a Canon. Not to say that other brands aren't good but these two seem to get the best reviews from people who know photography. I tend to stick to Canon just because I've had good experiances with their stuff. What I have now is a Canon Powershot A75. I really only consider it an 'average' camera with 3.2 megapixels. When I bought it at the time that was more the standard and anything bigger was quite a bit more. After Christmas I'm going to start looking for another one myself. I've gotten some really nice pics from the one I have but I'd like to have some more megapixels. The camera I have now is also only 3X zoom. One camera I've been looking at is the Canon Powershot S2 IS. It's got 5MP and 11X zoom. I'd like to buy a Canon digital rebel but not sure if I want to spend that much money yet. Ah now that I've looked the camera you mentioned up I see it's a digital SLR. Like I said earlier I'm biased because I have Canon equipment but I would imagine that the Nikon D50 is basically the equivalent to the Canon Digital Rebel. You should know that there are two different Digital Rebels now, I think of them is being phased out. It looks like the D50 is around 6MP like the older Rebel. The newer Rebel is 8MP. I'm not sure what the price is on the D50 at Bedford's but you might want to see how it compares to the newer 8MP Rebel. If it's close you might want to consider the new rebel for the extra two megapixels. Although unless you're wanting very high quality pics you probably won't have to worry about it. The camera I have is only 3MP and it takes some pretty nice shots. The bad thing is I can't print off 8X11 prints to the quality I'd like with my current camera. But a digital SLR would be great because of the lense selection you can chose from. Nikon and Canon probably make the best lenses out there. Sorry if I went on a bit there. Let me know if you have any other questions. :D

I heard that the mill is going to do an expansion.

Is this true?

Yeah I posted that in one topic but then when I took pics decided to start a new one because I wanted the word Picture in the title. They're going to be adding 12 more suites. They'll also be adding a spa too. I got the impression they're also going to be doing a little work on the exterior of the building. Making sure everything is kept in good order and such.

Archived